Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Photo Impressionism
Lens: Tamron 90 2.8 macro Camera: K-5 Photo Location: South Algonquin, Ontario 
Posted By: tessfully, 05-23-2013, 11:12 AM

I have been reading Freeman Patterson again... always such an inspiration to the way I think and see.


I spotted this fern trapped underwater and set the camera to burst mode and the Tamron to f/2.8. Here are just two of dozens that I could wall paper my house with.














Another Fern ...






I took an almost finished tulip and pushed it underwater, photographing it as it rose to the top. Not the most beautiful to look at but the bubbles are kind of cool.






And then I swirled it...






And for fun... Puppy Playing




thanks for looking
Views: 750
05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Den
Veteran Member
Den's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington (State)
Posts: 929
Cool images. I first thought that Tulip was some sort of crawdad.
05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian
usn ret's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, Calif
Posts: 1,161
QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Cool images. I first thought that Tulip was some sort of crawdad.
Or other waterborne creature. Cool series Tess...
Did you find the tripod yet?? Cliff
05-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,471
Far Out Images, you're setting the bar for many of us Tess

05-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,095
I also enjoy reading Patterson's books for a shot of creative inspiration...

I really dig #3. The contrast and other technical qualities are terrific, and I love the 3 different states of the same fern- lush, submerged, and sparse.. Great stuff!
05-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,663
Creative and interesting series here.
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
GeoJerry's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,082
Creative stuff! Very good! I like the abstract effect of the first two especially.
05-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,847
Great stuff again Tess. Patterson would be proud of you.

05-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member
tessfully's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S. Algonquin, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,855
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Cool images. I first thought that Tulip was some sort of crawdad.
Thanks Den!

QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Or other waterborne creature. Cool series Tess...
Did you find the tripod yet?? Cliff
Thank you Cliff... no, not yet... we still plan to go out with the canoe to look for it at the bottom of the cliffs.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Far Out Images, you're setting the bar for many of us Tess
Thank you Bob... I dunno... you are pretty good as finding the unusual in reality. Thank you for commenting

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
I also enjoy reading Patterson's books for a shot of creative inspiration...

I really dig #3. The contrast and other technical qualities are terrific, and I love the 3 different states of the same fern- lush, submerged, and sparse.. Great stuff!
Really enjoyed your comments Brian Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Creative and interesting series here.
Thanks eaglem!

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Creative stuff! Very good! I like the abstract effect of the first two especially.
Thanks Jerry... we belong to a very special club, I think!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Great stuff again Tess. Patterson would be proud of you.
Thanks Susan... I am out of control now. Something about water. I think it is my muse.
06-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
Forum Member
Eebll's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 84
Just love the photo of the tulip coming up out of the water. Colourful with clarity. top shot.
06-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38,976
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
I took an almost finished tulip and pushed it underwater
You know how to take visually different images, well done.

The tulip looked something that would get served up on a seafood platter.
06-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #12
Pentaxian
Jimbo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maple Ridge BC Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,363
# five is a work of art. Well done tess. Now print it! JIM
06-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
Veteran Member
tessfully's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S. Algonquin, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,855
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eebll Quote
Just love the photo of the tulip coming up out of the water. Colourful with clarity. top shot.
Thanks Eebil!

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
You know how to take visually different images, well done.


The tulip looked something that would get served up on a seafood platter.
thanks Kerrowdown!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
# five is a work of art. Well done tess. Now print it! JIM
Thank you Jim... it is interesting, I am glad you like it. I should probably add it to my "fond abstracts" folder.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, fern, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abstract Abstract Impressionism Marcus Kauffman Post Your Photos! 8 10-30-2011 12:20 PM
Rostov's impressionism Vadim-Rostov Monthly Photo Contests 0 09-01-2010 10:54 AM
Abstract Impressionism/Abstract project #3 Ash Post Your Photos! 13 11-06-2009 05:46 AM
Abstract Impressionism project #1 Ash Post Your Photos! 4 11-03-2009 07:00 PM
Abstract Impressionism project #2 Ash Post Your Photos! 13 11-02-2009 11:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top