Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cork
Lens: SIGMA 10-20 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Portugal ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: _riccardo_, 06-02-2013, 12:00 AM

Ciao
r.

1)

2)

Views: 873
06-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Cork
Much of the wine these days seems to have metal screw caps on the bottles, so you wont have so many nude trees to photograph, you'd better be quick to get the remaining few.
06-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Much of the wine these days seems to have metal screw caps on the bottles, so you wont have so many nude trees to photograph, you'd better be quick to get the remaining few.
Unless if you count on airplanes (where, granted, I spend more time than is probably reasonable) I've not seen wine with screw-caps proliferate anywhere....are you sure that you're not mistaking your whiskey for wine, kerrodown?
06-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
are you sure that you're not mistaking your whiskey for wine, kerrodown?
Not sure whereabouts in the EU you are, but certainly here in the UK in most retail outlets including the big supermarket chains, where it would seem that nearly all sub £10 bottles are of the tin screw cap variety.

Maybe I don't get to drink only the expensive stuff like yourself, mines just the plonk obviously.

06-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice captures ... different to see these ... J
06-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Fascinating trees. Make for great images. I really like the depth in the first one.
06-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Not sure whereabouts in the EU you are, but certainly here in the UK in most retail outlets including the big supermarket chains, where it would seem that nearly all sub £10 bottles are of the tin screw cap variety.

Maybe I don't get to drink only the expensive stuff like yourself, mines just the plonk obviously.
Well, right now I am a foreigner in one of the wine producing countries in Europe....I am sure that the natives would blow a casket if seeing a bottle of wine with a screw-cap....it might even be illegal here, possibly the only remaining crime incurring capital punishment, to sell wine with a tin screw-on cap.

Shopping for wine in the UK is, admittedly, a little like shopping for beer in the US

06-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

a little like shopping for beer in the US
I've already ducked for cover, suggest you do the same.
06-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I've already ducked for cover, suggest you do the same.
On Internet-fora, I wear a permanent full-body asbestos suit....no, you're not getting pictures
06-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #10

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Horror!
Metal screw caps for the wine?
Noooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ciao
r.
06-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #11

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Nice captures ... different to see these ... J
Thanks !
06-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I've not seen wine with screw-caps proliferate anywhere
QuoteOriginally posted by _riccardo_ Quote
Metal screw caps for the wine?
Noooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!
natives would blow a casket if seeing a bottle of wine with a screw-cap
Judging from the comments here from around Europe, it looks like Scotland is getting the raw deal (as usual), when it comes to decent wines and their presentation in proper corked bottles.

I would mind but I have "The real McCoy" in terms of a fantouche machine for getting the corks out.
06-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it has a metal screw cap, it's paint thinner, not wine ... J
06-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
If it has a metal screw cap, it's paint thinner, not wine ... J
There we go

Now, this is a photography site, and I have been longing for an occasion to post these wine-related photos, both from (different) regions that would not dream of putting screw-caps on their produce:

St. Emilion:

Well, this is sorta self-explanatory:

Kerrodown, don't feel too bad, you good folks up in the highlands do have one-up on the continent in terms of export of whiskey (and Queens - isn't HM Elisabeth a scottish export?).
06-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

one-up on the continent in terms of export of whiskey (and Queens - isn't HM Elisabeth a scottish export?
Whiskey I'll grant you.

As for Royal Family, well the House of Windsor is the royal house of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms. It was founded by King George V by royal proclamation on 17 July 1917, when he changed the name of his family from the German Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (a branch of the House of Wettin) to the English Windsor, due to the anti-German sentiment in the British Empire during World War I.

So hell no Scottish.