Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Henry's Exposure images
Lens: DA* 60-250 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada 
Posted By: normhead, 06-05-2013, 01:55 PM

A few photos from the show... we were a bit distracted, we had things to pick up after the show, we bought a Sigma 18-250 during hte show, but we couldn't get the tripod we wanted, we did find out what we wanted and can pre-order it.). The two cases i wanted, they didn't have and said i had to go to the downtown store. The Pentax guy updated our K-5 and K-01 software, and then talked our ears off. He did let me hold that 560mm lens to show me how light it is, and it is impressive. But I don't have 7k to drop on a lens I still don't want to carry it, no matter how light it is. It's very long. The A 400 with the 1.7 TC will do just fine thank you very much.

Anyway, we missed the interesting models, they left at 12:00, but I saw them packing up. And I didn't do any shots of the Pentax booth.... but I did take a few images, In all i wasn't as inpsired as last year. I just seemed to have less patience for it all. Probably the result of a lousy nights sleep the night before.

Views: 789
06-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The Pentax booth seemed to be getting a fair bit of traffic when I was there on Saturday. The rep mentioned that the Q10 display was bringing alot of people in. Played with the 560mm as well, it is well outside of my budget, and I just don't shoot the long FL that much. I got a few shots of the models (Bride & Groom), but the crowds around the animal displays weren't worth dealing with for me.

Did find some of the sessions useful.
06-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That first shot Norm has a nice 3D look to it.--zapper
06-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Norm .. ohhhhhhhhh I have never been to a Photo show - I would have to leave my credit cards, debit cards and only bring some cash it would be difficult for sure.

06-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
The Pentax booth seemed to be getting a fair bit of traffic when I was there on Saturday. The rep mentioned that the Q10 display was bringing alot of people in. Played with the 560mm as well, it is well outside of my budget, and I just don't shoot the long FL that much. I got a few shots of the models (Bride & Groom), but the crowds around the animal displays weren't worth dealing with for me.

Did find some of the sessions useful.
I enjoyed the session I went to for a while, but left early, either it's my ADD or he was saying stuff I already knew... we were there SUnday AM so the crowds around the animals weren't so bad.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
That first shot Norm has a nice 3D look to it.--zapper
Thanks for commenting zapper.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice shots Norm .. ohhhhhhhhh I have never been to a Photo show - I would have to leave my credit cards, debit cards and only bring some cash it would be difficult for sure.
For us living in Whitney, it's like the world's biggest candy store. A once a year chance to pig out, but also, a great chance to see what's out there and current.