Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photos from the edge....
Lens: Sigma 70 macro Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 100 
Posted By: normhead, 06-07-2013, 02:44 PM

Photos from the edge of the driveway..... sorry there are no photos of bugs. The only ones I saw were trying to suck my blood.

The scene of the crime....

Technically not a flower but still pretty cool...

The rest are mostly tiny flowers made big..

Views: 801
06-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Love the dandelion, Norm.
06-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Love the dandelion, Norm.
Thanks jac , of course some of the smaller flowers took 20 shots to get right ( down on my hands and knees, being buzzed by blood thirsty bugs, my knees getting soaking wet even though I'm using a piece of blue foamy as a mat. .straining to even get a peek of a look through the eyepiece.. that one I just plunked down the tripod while walking by, and two of the three were good. And that's the one you like? Life is sooo strange.
06-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Been there, done that, Norm

06-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Thanks jac , of course some of the smaller flowers took 20 shots to get right ( down on my hands and knees, being buzzed by blood thirsty bugs, my knees getting soaking wet even though I'm using a piece of blue foamy as a mat. .straining to even get a peek of a look through the eyepiece.. that one I just plunked down the tripod while walking by, and two of the three were good. And that's the one you like? Life is sooo strange.
ain't that just too true, some good shots here, I like the way you show the area where you took the shots, I've had a vague Idea floating around in my head for a while (I get a few of them) that it might make an interesting idea for a thread to show a shot (or two) then reveal a general shot of the area where the shot was made.
06-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I hope it does better than our photographer and image thread, we thought every husband and wife took their DSKRs out and took pictures of each other pictures, but apparently it's just us.

Photographer and photo..
06-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

great shots. worth all the effort you put in. Its the fun of photography.

06-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I liked the last image, what I used to call Lily of the Valley but maybe it's not really.

It just reminds my of my late grandfathers place, who had a wee corner section of his garden covered in it.
06-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
great shots. worth all the effort you put in. Its the fun of photography.
Thanks for commenting

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I liked the last image, what I used to call Lily of the Valley but maybe it's not really.

It just reminds my of my late grandfathers place, who had a wee corner section of his garden covered in it.
They have taken over some of our place as well. Thanks for commenting.