Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Surprise Inside!
Lens: Tamron AF 90-300 f/4.5-5.6 Camera: K-5 IIs Photo Location: Interstate 10 ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: scratchpaddy, 06-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Normally, I would just delete this picture. It was underexposed, which is fixable, but it was shaky, too, which is not. I was just messing around on an abandoned overpass with a cheap tele-zoom I had gotten for pocket change. There were other, clearer, better-composed pictures from that same spot.

Let's see if you can spot what makes this one worth keeping. I didn't see it myself until I was reviewing the pictures later, at home on the big screen.

Click the picture for larger sizes; you'll probably need it.

Views: 858
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
rude showoff!
06-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Look no hands!
06-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Normally, I would just delete this picture. It was underexposed, which is fixable, but it was shaky, too, which is not. I was just messing around on an abandoned overpass with a cheap tele-zoom I had gotten for pocket change. There were other, clearer, better-composed pictures from that same spot.

Let's see if you can spot what makes this one worth keeping. I didn't see it myself until I was reviewing the pictures later, at home on the big screen.

Click the picture for larger sizes; you'll probably need it.
In the middle of all that traffic, and Mr. Congeniality decides he's going to take BOTH HANDS OFF THE WHEEL why?! That's beyond rude. That's just stupid.

06-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
rude showoff!
We have a winner! Here, have a cookie:

Dang, that was fast. I was hoping this would be a little more difficult than a round of "Spot the kerrowdown," but alas...

QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
In the middle of all that traffic, and Mr. Congeniality decides he's going to take BOTH HANDS OFF THE WHEEL why?! That's beyond rude. That's just stupid.
Yes, but he's a trucker. The road is his, and I was invading his territory.
06-08-2013, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Be nice guys! It was his birthday and he was proud to show you he was 2 years old!

Regards!
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
I was hoping this would be a little more difficult than a round of "Spot the kerrowdown," but alas...
So what are you saying, I'm not setting hard enough challenges.

06-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

You got the Trucker Salute ...it's a keeper !
06-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting. Since yesterday afternoon while at work there was a loud screech then a series of bangs/explosions. when we looked outside at the interstate there was a truck looking an awful lot like this one sitting at and leaning at an odd angle with two mangled cars behind it. Hum I wonder