Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Celtics V. Sonics 03/12/08 (8 shots)
Posted By: vievetrick, 03-14-2008, 06:29 AM

First, sorry for so many but just wanted to share. So I was invited to sit in a suite to watch the Celtics vs Sonics this Wednesday. I had to try and bring in the camera and was able to with little issue. I brough the K10 - 77ltd and Sigma 70-200 2.8 I hate using the K10 over 800 so I didn't and I think it cost be a little. Not so much the 77 but with the Sigma. I was overall happy with the outcome even though the suite is not exactly up close. Let me know with you think. I was annoyed trying to process them but then again I am not selling them to Sport Illustrated Some cropped more then others. Celtics win 111-82

The Tip

Exposure Time 1/350 sec
F-Number F2.8
Exposure Program Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings 800
Focal Length 200.0 mm

I only add this as a funny. I was amazed at how much I realized the strobes in the cieling going off. Here I was almost in sync with it He got my shot

Someone forgot thier man.

Exposure Time 1/350 sec
F-Number F2.8
Exposure Program Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings 800
Focal Length 125.0 mm

Former UCONN star

Views: 1,386
03-14-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots. Looks like a good location to take pics. Are the pro photogs also in the suites?

Pics would have been better if Larry Bird was in them. It'll be nice to see them go to the Championship against the Lakers in the Finals like the glory days.
03-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Indeed I have been a Celtic fan since Larry Bird was facing off Magic Johnson in the NCAA finals (Indiana vs. Michigan haha yeah I am old). We have had some very lean years lately , and this year it is looking much better ! Ansd I hat the Lakers so a Celtic / Laker final with a Celtic win in 4 straight would be sooooooo sweet ;-)

Very good shots considering the distance. Must of have been cool to be there! I have been to a couple NHL games in Edmonton in a box and two Giant games in a box; it is pretty sweet for sure. Now I need an NBA and NFL to complete the set! Well done Pat.
03-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice shots and we finally agree on a team to root for!!! I have always been a Celtic fan. My company shares a suite at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC and my son and I have been to 5 or 6 games so far this year. At one of the games, I asked about taking a camera in (I actually didn't have it with me) and one of the security people said -- no way! Bummer!