Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few from the Canaan Valley
Camera: K-5 Photo Location: West Virginia 
Posted By: slowpez, 06-13-2013, 12:06 PM

Took off about ten days ago and headed up to the Canaan Valley. We were so glad the RV was finally fixed that we even enjoyed the steep grades and winding backroads we had to take to get there.

Mash Fork falls located in a campground we spent the night in on the way to the valley.

Lots of rain so everything was a wonderful green.

All kinds of spring flowers

The Dolly Sods Wilderness
Area

Storm coming into the campground

We are calling ourselves the Drought Busters because of all the rain we have managed to produce this trip. We are currently sitting in a little town right off the Blueridge Parkway and it has gotten really nasty out. Someday we will be able to go outside and play.
Views: 900
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really inspiring landscapes, especially first one and final two, great use of wide angle and nice composition
And nice story to go along. Bet you're glad you have a WR camera
06-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Really inspiring landscapes, especially first one and final two, great use of wide angle and nice composition
And nice story to go along. Bet you're glad you have a WR camera
Thanks for taking the time to comment and to say such nice things. I appreciate it very much.
06-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glad you got the 5er out on the road again. what a beautiful trip you guys had, everything is so green there. Love the falls photo and right in your CG, you're living right to have a view like that. TFS, Bob

06-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks so much Bob. Appreciate your having a look and commenting. We are sure glad to be back on the road even with all the rain we have had.
06-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are traveling to Colorado, now in Santa Fe, had to wait a couple of days before going into the Colorado Springs area. Our CG is full of evacuees and we waited for several days for them to get settled and hope to be there by Monday. Our daughter and family have been evacuated out of their home the last 3 days, but thankfully it did not burn. They hope to return home tomorrow if the weather/fire holds. Over 400 homes lost, 16000 acres burned so far, what a mess.
06-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
We are traveling to Colorado, now in Santa Fe, had to wait a couple of days before going into the Colorado Springs area. Our CG is full of evacuees and we waited for several days for them to get settled and hope to be there by Monday. Our daughter and family have been evacuated out of their home the last 3 days, but thankfully it did not burn. They hope to return home tomorrow if the weather/fire holds. Over 400 homes lost, 16000 acres burned so far, what a mess.
We have been out of touch with the news for a while but have been trying to catch up with the fires out there. This has sure been a terrible year all across the country for everyone. Glad to here your daughter and family are OK. One positive note, Sante Fe is one nice spot to be stranded in.

06-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
We have been out of touch with the news for a while but have been trying to catch up with the fires out there. This has sure been a terrible year all across the country for everyone. Glad to here your daughter and family are OK. One positive note, Sante Fe is one nice spot to be stranded in.
Susan, here is an update from the local paper. Bob

Colorado Springs Gazette
06-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I've been soooo wanting to comment on this series ... just excellent! All very nice, but I absolutely love the first two and would be so proud if I had taken them. Great work Susan!!
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks so much Tess. The first one just got turned down by the PEG but it was close to gaining admission. It is one of my favorite shots of the series so far. Everything is so green here because of all the rain and we are really loving it.
06-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great series of a very nice looking region. Excellent waterfall. I can't see what PEG should reject this but them's the breaks.
06-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Great series of a very nice looking region. Excellent waterfall. I can't see what PEG should reject this but them's the breaks.
Thanks Bruce. The photo was declined with mostly great critique which was a pleasant surprise. I was able to take away some great tips so I can't even complain this time.
06-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #13
Forum Member

Great series, #1 my winner
06-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jenko Quote
Great series, #1 my winner
Thanks jenko. It was one of my favorites as well.