Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
en Chocolat
Posted By: wyndstryder, 06-21-2013, 12:08 PM

A variety of sepia toned images that I have been experimenting with over the years trying to capture the 'fine art' quality of the greats.
Shot with the K20, K10 and I believe my old *ist DL as well
Critiques are welcomed

Views: 603
06-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #2

Wow these are gorgeous! I'd love to create a Lightroom preset based on your sepia work above. Any tips?!
06-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bjelde Quote
Wow these are gorgeous! I'd love to create a Lightroom preset based on your sepia work above. Any tips?!
Would a preset be like an action in PS? If so, I will do some tinkering and get back with you on that.
These all used different techniques and software but I will try and figure a way to do the same with Photoshop and post the results here
06-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #4

that is very kind of you! thanks. I have no idea how things work in PS! In Lightroom, a preset can be used as a template to instantly apply a bunch of changes to a photo. Say you did the above pics in Lightroom, you can just select the first pic and choose to save all the changes you made to the original as a preset. Now you can apply that preset to the rest of the originals with one click.

06-21-2013, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
that is very kind of you! thanks. I have no idea how things work in PS! In Lightroom, a preset can be used as a template to instantly apply a bunch of changes to a photo. Say you did the above pics in Lightroom, you can just select the first pic and choose to save all the changes you made to the original as a preset. Now you can apply that preset to the rest of the originals with one click.
bjeld, as far as the minimal research of Lightroom I've done, it should have a Sepia preset in there somewhere.
But if you would like to do some experimenting on your own and create different looks and feels to your images and recording them as a preset, the video here pretty much gives you all the tips you need.
Good luck and happy creating
06-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #6

oh thanks for that find!
06-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #7

Original Poster
oh thanks for that find!
No worries, mate!
Glad I could help
06-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
These are stunning. The rose is so beautiful as is the first flower. Dang, they are all gorgeous and the technique you used to create these is a wonder of its own.

06-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #9

Really great shots and processing. You should feel good about these. What I like is the variety of tones and contrast and depth. Very creative and not prescriptive. I'd also be interested in some of your knowledge about it if you'd share. Thanks for posting. Enjoyable to look at.
06-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
These are stunning. The rose is so beautiful as is the first flower. Dang, they are all gorgeous and the technique you used to create these is a wonder of its own.
Thanks so much for such an encouraging comment
06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr_Canuck Quote
Really great shots and processing. You should feel good about these. What I like is the variety of tones and contrast and depth. Very creative and not prescriptive. I'd also be interested in some of your knowledge about it if you'd share. Thanks for posting. Enjoyable to look at.
Thank you, Mr Canuck.
I will post a simple tutorial of my technique of creating sepia tones on CS 6 on this thread soon!
06-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Spooky stuff! Nice pp on these!
06-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Really like the ninth image, the chocolate rose, don't let eaglem see that.