Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Porsche Club Concours
Lens: Various Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Beverly Hills ISO: 100 
Posted By: SpecialK, 06-23-2013, 08:48 PM

Greystone Manor park hosted the Porsche Club of America Los Angeles chapter concours.





They are serious about judging.


GT3 RS.


914 and GT3 RS. A pause in cleaning.


911 SC Targa.


356B.


356B T5.


911 RS. (The sign said SR)


911.


356B T5 gets judged.


356A.




914.


5 minutes per car for judging. One guy carries the stop watch.


Dirt :-(


A new fashion.


Just looking.


Carrera couple.




This was her first concours and she was a little concerned.


928?


911 RS.


The parking lot.


Last edited by SpecialK; 06-24-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Views: 3,040
06-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,747
Original Poster
A few more.













06-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
OrangeKx's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 809
Nice. I like the green GT3 RS.
06-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
wonderful series, exquisite autos. Yes, a 928 Kyle, TFS,, I hope Jer gets to see these. Bob

06-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 33,802
Some damn nice cars in this series and the shots are well executed.
06-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,465
Great to see so many beautiful classics in such good condition. TFS.

Surprised that the judges were not wearing white gloves. Can't get away with any dirt with the white glove wipe!
06-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 21,609
Wow, Kyle, this is a delightful collection of photos of gorgeous Porsches dating back to the '50s all the way up to a new 991 series 911 Carrera with a paint job celebrating the 50th year of the 911. There are some very cool cars here, including that "outlaw" 356B in gray paint with orange stripes.

I belong to the Lone Star Region of PCA, but I've yet to attend a concours in our area - something I'm looking forward to.

Thanks for some great pics.

Jer
06-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
Pentaxian
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,747
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
Nice. I like the green GT3 RS.
Many people do, though I guess you have to get used to it - unlike the Pepto-Bismol 911 :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
wonderful series, exquisite autos. Yes, a 928 Kyle, TFS,, I hope Jer gets to see these. Bob
Thanks for confirmation. And Jer made it over.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Some damn nice cars in this series and the shots are well executed.
Yes, and thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Great to see so many beautiful classics in such good condition. TFS.

Surprised that the judges were not wearing white gloves. Can't get away with any dirt with the white glove wipe!
I think they had eagle eyes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow, Kyle, this is a delightful collection of photos of gorgeous Porsches dating back to the '50s all the way up to a new 991 series 911 Carrera with a paint job celebrating the 50th year of the 911. There are some very cool cars here, including that "outlaw" 356B in gray paint with orange stripes.

I belong to the Lone Star Region of PCA, but I've yet to attend a concours in our area - something I'm looking forward to.

Thanks for some great pics.

Jer
I'm glad you got to see the LA crowd. No Boxsters


Last edited by SpecialK; 06-24-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, club, concours, gt3, judging, photo, porsche, rs, t5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machinery Porsche Spyder bucfan1234 Post Your Photos! 10 01-25-2013 05:58 PM
Machinery Palo Alto Concours D'elegance - Ferrari [12 IMG] Sailor Post Your Photos! 16 07-15-2011 05:00 AM
Machinery Palo Alto Concours D'elegance - Porsche [12 IMG] Sailor Post Your Photos! 17 07-14-2011 01:34 PM
Machinery Palo Alto Concours D'elegance - Tigers! [7 IMG] Sailor Post Your Photos! 8 07-11-2011 11:32 AM
Machinery Palo Alto Concours D'elegance - BMW [6 IMG] Sailor Post Your Photos! 7 07-03-2011 05:29 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top