Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
White Clover
Lens: Tamron 90 Camera: K5 Photo Location: My Garden 
Posted By: wyndstryder, 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM

The bumble bees are back in force this summer and this is the source of their affection

Views: 702
06-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #2

That's a beautiful shot. I recently bought a Tamron 90 for my K5 and am just getting used to it. For macro shots like this are you using a tripod?
06-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timfrommn Quote
That's a beautiful shot. I recently bought a Tamron 90 for my K5 and am just getting used to it. For macro shots like this are you using a tripod?
Tim, being as that lens is pretty fast at 2.8, all it needs is a steady hand.
One thing you may wish to do is shoot in Limit mode for Macro. There is a Limit/Full switch on the upper left of the lens. When the focus limiter knob is set to "LIMIT", the camera can be autofocused with greater
speed within that range.
For Macro (0.29m to approx. 0.4m), set the distance scale to a point between 0.29m and 0.4m, and then set the focus limiter knob to "LIMIT".
For normal photos (0.45m to infinity), set the distance scale to a point between 0.45m and infinity, and then set the focus limiter knob to "LIMIT".
This will keep the lens focus traveling too far, making it rather frustrating when trying to focus on something very close and it wanting to focus on something further away.
I hope this helps you in 'getting used to it' because, for the price, it really is quite a remarkable piece of glass
06-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic detail. I finally am able to see what attracts the bees. Great job.

06-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #5

Wyndstryder, thanks for the information. I purchased the lens used with no documentation and wasn't entirely sure of the purpose of the LIMIT knob. I'll give that a try next time out with it.