Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Motorsport - Drift racing.
Posted By: blwnhr, 03-17-2008, 04:30 AM

Round 1 of the Drift Australia series was held at the start of the month. Here are some shots from the weekend, and gallery links.

Single car gallery @ AGSPhotos.com, Tandems, pit shots & presentation gallery @ AGSPhotos.com.

A couple of crash sequences.

Views: 3,095
03-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
great work! it's always nice to see pix of cars that we can never get here in canada
did you use your bigma for all these photos?
Thankyou. Yes, all the moving shots were shot with the Bigma. The driver profile of Beau Yates in the black shirt was also the 50-500. The rest were with the 18-125.

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
WOW! How exciting it must have been to shoot these pic because it was sure exciting to view them!
Thankyou! I really enjoy drift, good fun panning, plus plenty of action...oh yeah, and grid girls, lol.

QuoteOriginally posted by Gaelen Quote
I love my k100d and my $300 lense...not the best combo but it has served me very well and I have learned the technique to get the effect I want.
I'm the same. Seriously entertaining the thought of a brand change because for some of the work I'm doing the K10D isn't cutting it any more, and the K20D doesn't look like it'll be much better (yes I have tried it, though not at the track). The advantage is, if you can do it with less than ideal equipment, imagine the results when the gear is one notch better!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Impressive series great detail and focus.
Thankyou. I put great pressure on myself to got the perfect shot without having to resort to post-processing.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
Nice work as always mate ... the crash series was well executed ... how close were you to the dust cloud/debris???? when the S14 hit the tyres.
I was maybe 15, maybe 20 metres. Great spot, although high risk. I had a guy spin in front of me and sink the boot in and hit me in the face with a rock as I was ducking behind the barrier. Camera was ok though. Wheels spinning at 100km/h+ throwing rocks 5 metres away is a recipe for bad times, lol. The things we do for that shot.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
They are seriously well done!
Thankyou James.

QuoteOriginally posted by Gaelen Quote
I see there is no exif data

What lense were you shooting woth for the track shots?
Yeah, sorry, I 'Save for Web' in Photoshop which kills the EXIF. All the moving shots were with the Bigma.

03-24-2008, 05:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blwnhr:
I was maybe 15, maybe 20 metres. Great spot, although high risk. I had a guy spin in front of me and sink the boot in and hit me in the face with a rock as I was ducking behind the barrier. Camera was ok though. Wheels spinning at 100km/h+ throwing rocks 5 metres away is a recipe for bad times, lol. The things we do for that shot.
Damn ... that still pretty close though to the action ... the rock strike would have stung a bit though ... fly debris from spinning tyres is like a missile.

Nice work nonetheless though ... but boy ... I'd be really keeping an eye out and would be ready to duck for cover.
03-24-2008, 05:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Haha, yeah, I wanted to get the shot of him spinning, left it a bit late to duck. Skin heals, camera's don't, lol.