Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Happy 4th From Otis!
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-04-2013, 06:02 PM

After sending out his Army to blow out the transformer to my house this morning, leaving me without power for several hours, he lounged by his pool all day, with his friends nearby. Squirrels have a thing for electrical equipment.....my Jeep is in the shop again from a squirrel attack on the wiring. I'd retaliate, but to be honest, I'm kind of afraid of the consequences.

Happy 4th from Otis and his Army of Squirrels! Hope your day was as good as his!

[IMG] [/IMG]

His bodyguard lounging below him.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
Views: 710
07-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a life
07-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Lazy days of summer.
07-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
very funny pics. made me laugh. tfs, Rupert!

07-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent captures.
07-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Haha, TFS and good luck with the wiring
07-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #7
Pentaxian

fun watching them, and good luck with the wiring indeed
07-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Pentaxian

If memory serves, this isn't the first time Otis has attacked the jeep is it Rupert? Time to encourage the furry rats to abandon your ship.

07-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks guys, Susan!

It was a fun day for Otis, not so much for me. I bought a bag of those little round party balls that explode when you throw them on the ground at the local fireworks stand, hoping to insert them in some peanut hulls and thin out a few of his Army Squirrels. I should have known they were too smart for that...they gave the sack full of them to a wandering possum and blew his head right off! I felt bad about it, but it was done and there was nothing I could do but listen to chuckling squirrels guzzling beer and pointing to my house while yelling out "bring it on!".

I'd move, but since they have tapped my phone lines, internet cable and sometimes read my snail mail, it would be no time until they found me. Be careful when you start feeding squirrels, the more they get to know you, the more danger you are in.

Regards!
07-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks guys, Susan!

It was a fun day for Otis, not so much for me. I bought a bag of those little round party balls that explode when you throw them on the ground at the local fireworks stand, hoping to insert them in some peanut hulls and thin out a few of his Army Squirrels. I should have known they were too smart for that...they gave the sack full of them to a wandering possum and blew his head right off! I felt bad about it, but it was done and there was nothing I could do but listen to chuckling squirrels guzzling beer and pointing to my house while yelling out "bring it on!".

I'd move, but since they have tapped my phone lines, internet cable and sometimes read my snail mail, it would be no time until they found me. Be careful when you start feeding squirrels, the more they get to know you, the more danger you are in.

Regards!
I`ll keep that in mind

I was once in Washington DC, I had some business in Baltimore and missed my flight so I had some spare time. So I decided to take a look around and asked a cabdriver to drop me off somewhere "supertouristic"
Offcourse he brought me to the National Mall. As I was walking back from the Korean War Veterans Memorial I spotted a squirrel. I got down and snapped a few shots and wanted to walk further but this squirrel decided different. He approached me without any fear and when I stopped he ran over and climbed in my pants....at first this was funny but the second time he said something like "Dude, gimme some food or I`ll have your balls for dinner!" I couldn`t believe I had just been threadened by a squirrel! But something told me he was serious and suddenly I remembered Rupert...Needless to say I got scared and gave him what he wanted. After he was satisfied he took off, leaving me behind in sweat, even while it was -5C.

WTF? Can`t have my nuts! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
07-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

That's just one laid back animal.
« Nothing | Pipers »