Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Music everywhere you go
Lens: smc Pentax FA 50mm F1.4 Camera: Pentax K-5 ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Douge, 07-06-2013, 07:49 AM

A photo I took of Zenith Transistor Radio in a museum that I rather like

Taken with my K-5 and FA 50mm
Pentax K5 K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body, Black 14748
Pentax SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4 Lens Standard AF Lens #20817 20817

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Douge; 07-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Views: 1,377
07-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ah nostalgia, I used to have one similar to the one on your photo and was listening for hours at night ( the best reception) to english programs from sometimes very remote places, it was magic! Thank you for sharing.
Nowadays I have little digital Grundig radio and hardly ever use it, everything is online and available instantly.
07-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
ah nostalgia, I used to have one similar to the one on your photo and was listening for hours at night ( the best reception) to english programs from sometimes very remote places, it was magic! Thank you for sharing.
Nowadays I have little digital Grundig radio and hardly ever use it, everything is online and available instantly.
I'm glad you like it I took it at a radio museum which had some of the very first radios (marconi) up to more modern ones. The man who worked there complained that so many modern electronic devices interfere with radio signals (Such as a wireless flash triggers) , which is why we can't get radio signals from far away any more
07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Music everywhere you go
I can remember radios like this being advertised, claiming that you could listen to all sorts of stations from all around the world.

You could even eavesdrop on stuff you not supposed too.