Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
South Carolina Aquarium
Lens: Pentax 18-135 WR Camera: K5 Photo Location: Charleston, SC 
Posted By: GvilleRick, 07-08-2013, 05:45 AM

Took a trip to the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston on Saturday. I only had the 18-135 lens and built-in flash.

The sharks are always a hit with the kids and it was fun listening to them point them out as they swam by.

The salt water marsh exhibit is one of my favorites with all the birds close at hand.

It took some patience but the loggerhead turtle did finally glide by after spending a good but of time near the bottom of the tank. The aquarium has a hospital and a program for rescuing sea turtles to nurse them back to health and release them in the wild.

Views: 564
07-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That is a nice aquarium isn't it Rick? You might also like the one in Chattanooga; we go there a lot too. It always amazes me how people can get decent pics of fish in a tank with all that glass. Well done.
07-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That is a nice aquarium isn't it Rick? You might also like the one in Chattanooga; we go there a lot too. It always amazes me how people can get decent pics of fish in a tank with all that glass. Well done.
It is a nice aquarium. Even nicer that they allow SC teachers free admission. I'll have to check out the aquarium in Chatanooga, I have been to the one in New Orleans and in Atlanta. I'm hoping to get back to the Georgia Aquarium soon. It is much larger and the large tank is amazing with the whale sharks swimming around. I'll be sure to have my external flash there, it makes it much easier tool get the shots. I was pleased with how these turned out with just the built in flash.
07-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice photos.

My family and I went to see an aquarium in Northern Kentucky and it was really tough to take photos because the glass on a lot of the aquariums was filthy.