Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Denticollis linearis
Lens: D FA 100mm MAcro WR Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Germany 
Posted By: Diggoar, 07-14-2013, 02:59 AM


Bug Portrait von Diggoar auf Flickr
Views: 994
07-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Junior Member
Jennasis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 40
Great shot!

I've been trying to capture one of these lil fellers for a while now, but they flit about so fast I've only been able to get the odd snap here and there

07-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 64
Original Poster
Like your shot!

I got another shot where it has opened its wings for flying off the tip of a grass blade. Thatīs pretty cool, I will post it another time. ;-)
07-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #4
Junior Member
Jennasis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 40
QuoteOriginally posted by Diggoar Quote
Like your shot!

I got another shot where it has opened its wings for flying off the tip of a grass blade. Thatīs pretty cool, I will post it another time. ;-)
Please do!

I was trying to shoot a group of these the other day, but the breeze was a bit strong and every time I snapped, they went out of focus with a gust lol, really annoying, but I will persevere! I am finding it a bit tough with the minimum focus on the 55-300 being so far off... really need a macro, but I mustn't lust, or I will just end up spending money I haven't got ;-)

07-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,257
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Denticollis linearis
Good to see we have an expert in our midst, rather than just calling it a bug.
07-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
Junior Member
Jennasis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 40
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Good to see we have an expert in our midst, rather than just calling it a bug.
It's so not just a bug... it's an orange bug with black bits, sticky outy bits and pincey mandibles!
07-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,257
QuoteOriginally posted by Jennasis Quote
It's so not just a bug... it's an orange bug with black bits, sticky outy bits and pincey mandibles!
And it's a beetle.
07-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Junior Member
Jennasis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 40
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
And it's a beetle.
Woah now... you just BLEW MY MIND!! :-D ^_^ >_<

07-15-2013, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #9
Junior Member
Jennasis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 40
Please could you tell me what this green bug is, Diggoar?



p.s. how do you post an image from Flikr as you have? I could only copy the direct link... but then I am new to Flikr in terms of actually using it ;-)
07-15-2013, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #10
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 64
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jennasis Quote
Please could you tell me what this green bug is, Diggoar?



p.s. how do you post an image from Flikr as you have? I could only copy the direct link... but then I am new to Flikr in terms of actually using it ;-)

Thatīs a great capture, Jenna!
Unfortunately I canīt tell you what it is either. In general I google these information for myself. I am not an biologist or some kind of bug fanatic. ;-)

FLickr has a share function beneath your pictures. Choose BBC Code and size middle (800x439), then copy the link into your post...voila! :-)
07-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
Junior Member
Jennasis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 40
QuoteOriginally posted by Diggoar Quote
Thatīs a great capture, Jenna!
Unfortunately I canīt tell you what it is either. In general I google these information for myself. I am not an biologist or some kind of bug fanatic. ;-)

FLickr has a share function beneath your pictures. Choose BBC Code and size middle (800x439), then copy the link into your post...voila! :-)
Many thanks! :-)

I'm really interested to know what all these bugs are - my Grandfather was a zoologist (Gerolf Steiner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and I was always fascinated by the many insects and other creatures he wrote about and kept in the house, and the plants he created from splicing etc.

I will have to find out by Google means! hehe

Jenn
07-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 64
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jennasis Quote
Many thanks! :-)

I'm really interested to know what all these bugs are - my Grandfather was a zoologist (Gerolf Steiner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and I was always fascinated by the many insects and other creatures he wrote about and kept in the house, and the plants he created from splicing etc.

I will have to find out by Google means! hehe

Jenn
I find them also fascinating, everytime I photograph one I am quite eager to know what it is and what it does and so on...
Usually I find good information at Wikipedia. :-)

PS: That is one cool grandfather ;-)
07-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 64
Original Poster
Ready for take-off

Here is the promised shot of that bugger with opened wings:


Mr. Bug taking off von Diggoar auf Flickr
07-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
Junior Member
Jennasis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 40
Fantasstic, I love it! :-O :-D

Pinpoint accurate with the focus there! Was it a very calm day or was there a breeze?

Jenn
07-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 64
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jennasis Quote
Fantasstic, I love it! :-O :-D

Pinpoint accurate with the focus there! Was it a very calm day or was there a breeze?

Jenn
It was a little breezy unfortunately. 4 out of 5 pictures were unsharp, but with this I was lucky. On breezy days I try to anticipate the movement and press the shutter at the right time instead of focusing around. That often works.

Arne
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top