Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dusty City
Lens: A 50 f/1.2 Camera: K-5 IIs Photo Location: Tempe, Arizona ISO: 800 
Posted By: scratchpaddy, 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM

Two weeks ago, we got our first dust storm of the season. It was a pretty minor storm, but the wind was strong. It made a sound like something between a freight train and a jet as it moaned through the buildings.

This one is my favorite from the night. The power plant across the street is lit by extremely bright sodium-vapor lights. When the dust comes and traps the light in a globe around the plant, it looks like fire in the distance. The car wash made a convenient foreground. I'm sure the storms are good for business, there.

I left the extremely warm lighting uncorrected. The unrelenting orange and red gives it a sort of dystopian dieselpunk aesthetic.

Views: 380

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dust, photo, plant, storm