Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hey Kerrowdown, can I get some sugar too....
Posted By: tclausen, 07-16-2013, 12:56 AM

It's a flower (albeit not a rose), it's dry, it has a bug on it....but I'm not eaglem, so maybe not ;(

For the rest, 50/2.8 macro at f/32, w/Pentax 140 ring flash, all in manual. Unwilling arachnid is about 3mm (body, not the legs) and ran off to sulk somewhere secret after having been hit with the first flash discharge....

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373961360.660896.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  65.1 KB

Views: 927
07-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice composition and contrast of colour. If I may suggest, increase the contrast and drop back the brightness and that should lift the shot IMHO.
07-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey Kerrowdown, can I get some sugar too....

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Nice composition and contrast of colour. If I may suggest, increase the contrast and drop back the brightness and that should lift the shot IMHO.
Suggestion well received, thanks; I'll give that a try when I get in front of the compute with Aperture (& the photo) on it, and pop an update.

I may also do a slightly tighter crop, to get rid of those unsightly brown spots on the flower leaves to the right, they're bugging me. As the lil' guy ran away to sulk, I didn't get a chance at reframing after the first shot, so that has to come in PP.
07-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Suggestion well received, thanks; I'll give that a try when I get in front of the compute with Aperture (& the photo) on it, and pop an update.

I may also do a slightly tighter crop, to get rid of those unsightly brown spots on the flower leaves to the right, they're bugging me. As the lil' guy ran away to sulk, I didn't get a chance at reframing after the first shot, so that has to come in PP.
If you use Photoshop CS6 there is a simple way to remove objects that distract. Use your Lasso tool to surround the object then go to Edit and select Fill making sure it's set to "Content Aware" and that will do the trick.

07-16-2013, 03:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
If you use Photoshop CS6 there is a simple way to remove objects that distract. Use your Lasso tool to surround the object then go to Edit and select Fill making sure it's set to "Content Aware" and that will do the trick.
Thanks - I'm sure the hint will come helpful, alas, I'm not a PS user (any version). I'm sure that I'll figure out a way, though
07-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Really nice shot. I agree with eaglem. I look forward for the results!