Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Wrecked Old Car
Lens: Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5 Camera: ME Super Photo Location: Weathorford Trail, Flagstaff, AZ ISO: 100 Aperture: F11 
Posted By: fretlessdavis, 07-17-2013, 06:33 PM

First time uploading any of my images here!

Here's my favorite from my last roll of FP4+ that I developed a few days ago. I just got a 4490 really cheap, and I like the scanning results so far.

Based off of how much vegetation and trees are grown around the old road, this has been there at least 30 years.

Views: 1,059
07-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #2

really digging this image.
07-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alltatts Quote
really digging this image.
Thanks! I want to try to make it up there in better lighting one of these days (it's conveniently about 5 minutes off the trail to the highest point in AZ). It's hard to tell with the direct sunlight, but within a few minutes I was being pounded with hail!
07-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Scary! Makes you wonder how this boat of a car wound up on its roof beside an old mountain road. Must've been serious!

When you said that car had been there for 30 years, I thought, "must be in Arizona." Anywhere else, and it would have rusted away to nothing by now. It still amazes me to see cars driving around here whose paint has been stripped off by the intense sun, but there's no rust!

07-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Bet there is a good story behind that old car. Nice shot.
07-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Scary! Makes you wonder how this boat of a car wound up on its roof beside an old mountain road. Must've been serious!
The history of this area is pretty cool. This trail(road) opened up in the '30s as a toll road up to the top of the San Fransisco Peaks. If you've been to N AZ, you know how rocky it is and how terrifying this road would've been in any vehicle of that era. The car looks like it's from the 60s, which would've been after the road technically shut down. Must have been one rough accident!