Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Mrs Rupert's New Ride
Posted By: Rupert, 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM

Mrs Rupert wanted a new ride for when she retires and we travel the country. Something small, so we won't be tempted to carry a bundle of junk, something sporty so the driving will be fun, something with a back seat for easy reach of my camera gear when we want to stop and grab a shot.
She was leaning toward the Audi TT....I admit I kind of helped her lean that way. We looked at several, both new and almost new and none of them fit the colors or features just like she wanted. I was about to give up for a while when I found this one.

2002 TT....one owner, a doctor, who called it his "baby" and treated it accordingly. 49,997 actual miles, and every service record since the day he bought it. Scored 94 on the Carfax report. Best of all!!! ...1/3 the price of a new one, I can live with that, and spend the rest on camera gear!

What a sweet ride it is, and so much fun! It's like a new toy, and I love toys!

Not a scratch, not a dent, perfect inside and out! Bose System, all leather, loaded!
[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Best of all, it matches my Toy Camera X20!
[IMG] [/IMG]

When we start to travel, maybe we will zoom-zoom out your way....drop Otis off for an extended visit with you? Sounds good to me!

Regards!
Views: 1,884
07-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert - I suspect the ease of getting in and out is one of the attractions for the Jeep. I can't use one though - no place to put the fifth wheel.

07-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very nice. I've always liked the TT.
07-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a perfect vehicle to head West, come on our Rupert.
07-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks Charlie/K9!

Bob....I expect we will eventually get out your way next year, I'll be in touch. When Mrs Rupert retires, we intend to drive the wheels off this little TT, while we are still agile enough to get out of the little Toy Car that sits so low on the ground. When traveling to places like Big Bend, we'll take the Jeep (I love my Jeep #1 !!!) and otherwise use the TT.

I've never had a car quite like the TT, and now I realize why people get so attached to them. More fun to drive than a circus, and as responsive as anything on 4 wheels. My grandson has a new Altima and took me for a ride last night......after I took him for TT ride. He commented that the cabin room on the Audi was almost as roomy as his Altima, and my trunk space was twice his....all the while the TT being a much smaller car...and a lot quicker! Damn fun little Toy Car! .....and it does match my Toy Camera X20 perfectly too!

Best Regards....see you around one of these days!

07-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enjoy your toy while you can.