Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Suburbia Sunrise
Posted By: daacon, 07-19-2013, 07:24 AM

I think most of us find a sunrise much less dramatic than a sunset in most cases. I had a little bit of insomnia yesterday and decided to walk over to the wetlands. I was rewarded with a pretty decent show.

click on image twice for larger view

Views: 1,477
07-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wake-Up Call

Beautiful capture, Dave, it pays to rise early! Of course, in my case it means I'll have to take a nap later.
It's interesting how the clouds on the right have the horizontal streaks, almost like a slow-shutter speed shot but the clouds on the left are more normal and 'solid'. I see your shutter speed was 1/90s, so it's another one of nature's wonderful tricks.
A couple of questions, what was the focal length for this photo on the zoom? Do you recall if the lens was at infinity? It seems sharp from near to far, just wondering.
Again, fine work!
Ron

07-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a magical moment captured beautifully.... can't stop staring at this.. mesmerizing... dave m
07-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Beautiful capture, Dave, it pays to rise early! Of course, in my case it means I'll have to take a nap later.
It's interesting how the clouds on the right have the horizontal streaks, almost like a slow-shutter speed shot but the clouds on the left are more normal and 'solid'. I see your shutter speed was 1/90s, so it's another one of nature's wonderful tricks.
A couple of questions, what was the focal length for this photo on the zoom? Do you recall if the lens was at infinity? It seems sharp from near to far, just wondering.
Again, fine work!
Ron
Wow kinds words Ron thanks. This was shot @60mm , yes focus was at infinity , f9 was more than enough DOF given the scene.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
a magical moment captured beautifully.... can't stop staring at this.. mesmerizing... dave m
Thanks Dave appreciate the comment.
06-28-2018, 03:10 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I think most of us find a sunrise much less dramatic than a sunset in most cases. I had a little bit of insomnia yesterday and decided to walk over to the wetlands. I was rewarded with a pretty decent show.

click on image twice for larger view
Excellent reflections!