Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Guitar Shop with the I-10
Lens: n/a Camera: Pentax Optio I-10 Photo Location: Denver, Colorado USA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.8 
Posted By: rbefly, 07-20-2013, 06:54 AM

Here's another one of those 'found' shots, on my early morning walk to Starbucks. Only had my humble I-10 with me and I was pretty sure the little guy would have trouble with the extremely wide dynamic range. Well, sure, the bright highlights were somewhat blown out and shadow detail is lacking compared to a 'real' camera/lens combo, but some work on LR4 brought it back to a decent, if not exceptional, range. You know the old saying, the best camera is the one you have with you! The focal length was 12.8mm (or 71mm in 35mm terms). F/stop was actually f/5.9 and ISO 160.
Ron

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio I-10  Photo 

Views: 865
07-20-2013, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the way that the many facets of lighting is presented.--charliezap
07-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks!

Hi Charlie, I appreciate your comments. The early morning light is magical sometimes and I couldn't pass the shot up. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's not always about having the 'ultimate' gear for a given situation, but just getting the photo. A P + S version that came out OK is better than wishing I had my DSLR and no photo at all!
Ron
« Jaguars | Dragon »