Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A fairy tale's abstraction
Lens: 70 mm Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Marquion ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/8s Aperture: F2.4 
Posted By: Céphée, 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM

Edit: I add a little explanatory text.

This serie was shot by night during a party right in the middle of marshes. A little story about fairy things.
There was only one light source on the right of the scene, but I fell in love with brightness, environment and people who were there.

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:Something silent here

8: Quick, need my tree ...

9: What a sight to see this marvellous nymph ...

Last edited by Céphée; 07-26-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Views: 1,153
07-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #2

Beautiful series! Dreamy. Very coherent with the title. I especially like picture nr 4 with that suggestive silhouette.
07-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First photo is my favoured one - well done !! An excellent concept and execution - and foreground blurred shape of woman added enormously to the value of this photo - perfectly framed not too much shown not too much cropped - just right - not distracting at all. This is an example how to use blurred foreground subject properly - I think many will agree !

Big like for a first photo from serie!

I know this is not a critique thread - but I would smoothen up her skin in last photo. The lighting and shadows over-emphasized hr skin texture to the point that it might be sort of distraction. Otherwise great shot as well !

Last edited by manntax; 07-24-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added notes on last image in serie
07-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Liked the image series a lot, the only problem is that your fairy in wingless!!!

Mine always have them, unless you've discovered a new species on "grounded" fairies.

07-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Liked the image series a lot, the only problem is that your fairy in wingless!!!

Mine always have them, unless you've discovered a new species on "grounded" fairies.
Yes, a Dryad , she is wingless
Dryad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for all this comments, i appreciate
07-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax:
I know this is not a critique thread - but I would smoothen up her skin in last photo. The lighting and shadows over-emphasized hr skin texture to the point that it might be sort of distraction. Otherwise great shot as well !
A smooth version of the pic 9 !

I agree that the original is probably distracting however i like this brown hard skin like the bark.
Just a little point, the character on this picture isn't a girl, is another friend, a man which depicts a satyr of Bacchus. Madness

07-26-2013, 02:06 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Madness indeed :P

QuoteOriginally posted by Céphée Quote
A smooth version of the pic 9 !

I agree that the original is probably distracting however i like this brown hard skin like the bark.
Just a little point, the character on this picture isn't a girl, is another friend, a man which depicts a satyr of Bacchus. Madness

Alright I got your point now - so I'd say - if you like this bark-like skin texture then it might work and I like that non-smoothed version better - but I'd probably clone out these three distracting spots on his (madness indeed :P) skin. Also I'd say this this whole picture is kind of confusing because the pose, the hair , even this piece of cloth visible and not to mention the stereotypic message associated with this kind of pictures - they all scream - it's a woman :P So for further experimentation I'd probably suggest to add any male element that would let the viewer decode the picture properly - of course this applies to another take of the subject in similar conditions - not sure if doable at all.

Anyway great ideas going on there - keep up the good job!