Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Slow Elk...
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 03-20-2008, 10:38 PM

hehheh.. sorry .. that is what we Hicks call our Bovine. lol... ok ok ok.. yep.. they are just dumb ol'cows....

These aren't much but I really like the color and I did no processing to them at all. They are taken with my 80 - 200. The last is my favorite...

Views: 2,135
03-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are actually really good. Not my usual fare for subject, but very nice colors and they look quite sharp.
03-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Called Bordum... lol

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
These are actually really good. Not my usual fare for subject, but very nice colors and they look quite sharp.
Thanks Dave..

It isn't my usual fare either but I was wanting to take some pics and they were there... so I stalked them a bit.. lol and killed about 30 minutes being a silly hick town girl chasing the slow elk around..

but got some good shots really... so it was all worth it...

Have a GREAT Easter !!! Kim
03-20-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The colour is definitely great. Vivid and real.

The setting makes it an even better shot. It seems quite preoccupied with your camera

03-21-2008, 02:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series Kim. Great colours. I really like the last one too. It's a great composition and you caught the expression.

Paul
03-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #6

Ahh yes we have a lot of slow moving elk in Oregon also. and yes the last one is the best he is looking at you like quit pointing that at me haha rp
03-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I grew up with slow moving elk, lol but in NJ! Nice composition and great color too1

03-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone..

Thanksfor the positive comments.. I honestly thought that this thread would just go on the way side being pics of boring ol'cows.. so I am glad that I posted it..

It just goes to show you never know until your try.. I didn't want to take the pics in the first place but was bored.. then himmed and haad about posting them, thinking how boring...lol.. but figured they had nice color and I didn't do any processing so what the hell.....

So long story short.. thanks everyone for enjoying my slow elk (aka: dumb bovine) lol.. Your comments are greatly appreciated!!

Kim