Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spotted a spider
Posted By: roentarre, 03-21-2008, 04:38 AM

Nothing unusual.

Just a spider that was hanging off a leaf!

I thought the shot was not in focus but it kinds of appear interesting

Views: 1,592
03-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lovely tones, James. I admit I'm a bit scared of spiders, but this is really is a great shot!

Any info on the lens used?
03-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Great shot What is the spider crawling out of?
03-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I think it is a very good shot as well - and I have the same questions as ftpaddict and Tom. The K20D I assume ?

03-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I am not a fan of spiders. I know thay are good to have around but I was bitten by one as a kid so.... Anyway I really like this photo. I like the focus and the colorful flowers? really sets off the spiders colors nicely too
03-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Lovely tones, James. I admit I'm a bit scared of spiders, but this is really is a great shot!

Any info on the lens used?
A* 200mm f4 macro. This lens did not work that well on k20d too well (just like it is not too compatible on k10d).

I am basicly trying to use all the lenses on k20d to get to know the camera better.

p.s. I will embark the trip to Taiwan soon and hopefully find some gems. See how it goes

QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Great shot What is the spider crawling out of?
I presume there is some sort nest inside the leaf. The spider is actually smaller than your typical nail ...
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I think it is a very good shot as well - and I have the same questions as ftpaddict and Tom. The K20D I assume ?
Yup, thanks! I did spot a lot of insects after I spoted that puny one. The problem was that I had camera malfunction after making that click...

Still investigating what the main issue is with A* 200mm f4 macro on k20d

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
I am not a fan of spiders. I know thay are good to have around but I was bitten by one as a kid so.... Anyway I really like this photo. I like the focus and the colorful flowers? really sets off the spiders colors nicely too
I do not like spiders either. Sometimes this hobby makes you forget what you are really doing until you got the perfect shot

03-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I love the spider framed by the purple in the background. Interesting capture.
03-22-2008, 03:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
A* 200mm f4 macro. This lens did not work that well on k20d too well (just like it is not too compatible on k10d).

I am basicly trying to use all the lenses on k20d to get to know the camera better.

p.s. I will embark the trip to Taiwan soon and hopefully find some gems. See how it goes

I wasn't aware the K*0Ds had problems with the 200mm. What sort of problems do they have? Over/underexposure? Or BF/FF?

PS I can hardly wait!
03-22-2008, 03:46 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot James, the web strands really bring this shot to life. What problems does the lens have with the K10 and the K20? I will assume that since it is a macro you were manually focusing? I would be real interested in knowing as I have been saving up for that lens. (If I can ever find one)

NaCl(I liked it better when the good pentax glass was easier to find)H2O
03-23-2008, 06:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I wasn't aware the K*0Ds had problems with the 200mm. What sort of problems do they have? Over/underexposure? Or BF/FF?

PS I can hardly wait!
More of a problem with underexposure. It can be erratic at times. I cleaned the electrical contact and the problem still persist.

I guess I just had to find out its temper on k20d to know how to use it better

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Nice shot James, the web strands really bring this shot to life. What problems does the lens have with the K10 and the K20? I will assume that since it is a macro you were manually focusing? I would be real interested in knowing as I have been saving up for that lens. (If I can ever find one)

NaCl(I liked it better when the good pentax glass was easier to find)H2O
It is the erractice auto metering that can be off sometimes. On k10d, overexposure is the problem while there is under-exposure with k20d. A* 200mm f4 macro somewhat takes ISO 1600 even to expose a flower under full sun! Kind of weird. Maybe there is more pixels to saturate or something...

p.s. you would love the lens when it is in your hands. It gives the edge to get interesting macros