Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Surprise meetup
Posted By: roy, 01-14-2007, 06:28 PM

these two friends go back a long time. they only see each other every couple of years. tom wanted to surprise charli on her birthday so he flew in. we,ve been working on his visit for a couple of months. a number of senarios have gone down but everything changed at the last moment.. he was suppose to walk up on her at the resterant but she ended up being late. surprise was the goal and we really got that.. i made charli a album birthday 8x10 card of these and it went over very well.. all shots taken in dismal lighting, iso 1600, Av mode, with a M50mm, f1.4 @ f1.4.. 1/20sec-1/80sec. i haven't shot like this in years. seems i need a little practice. i enjoyed the series tho.

thanks for looking
Views: 2,507
01-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Still a great story with good emotional captures.
01-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The "Oh My...!" expression was right on time. This is a great series of candid shots.

Just wondering, because I noticed the changing WB - were you using a mix of flash/no flash?
01-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

This is like a show in progress - humurous and fun.

Thanks for sharing!

01-15-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
The "Oh My...!" expression was right on time. This is a great series of candid shots.

Just wondering, because I noticed the changing WB - were you using a mix of flash/no flash?
all shot in available light in raw. i knew that the flash would not recycle fast enough. it was a greet meetup and while doing these i was in tears most of the time from laughing. she really liked her birthday card.. a fun series when all works out..
01-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Excellent storyline Roy - WE were there.
01-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done Roy.. ...ya gone & made me cry lol

They will treasure that for years to come.

Cheers from a blubbering sentimentalist (don't tell my wife!! )
Grant

01-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Good idea and work! The only thing that confuses, " a static camera angle of photographing "... Therefore it is more similar to a fragment of a film instead of work of the photographer...

Good to you of new ideas!
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #9
roy
Inactive Account

Original Poster
what do you expect me to do prizmatic? get up out of my inside corner booth seat and direct? sorry i disappointed you but these are spur of the moment shots. she was even wondering why i picked up the camera. sorry it's frames out of a film. i guess this is the same altho i had the shot setup for 20minutes waiting for it to happen. back to the drawing board, i guess.

i guess that shooting at 1/15 - 1/30sec is a piece of cake to you.. w/o IS
01-16-2007, 02:02 AM   #10

wonderful story... and wonderfully captured. =)
01-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Hi Roy!

I am not disappointed! No! I have simply expressed, the "sensation"... At you was "zoom", but it "worked" in a mode "cinema" - " gradually running on object "... There Are no "accents" through separate intermediate characteristic photos which would include "additions" to development of a plot (under condition of that it is impossible to change " a point of photographing "...)
There are many kinds of photographing from constant " points of photographing "... Look similar photos in " editions of works of those or other photographers ", there there is a certain practice of decisions of similar problems...

P.S.
When I worked as the assistant to one photographer such case was:
In one polygraphic firm we have received the order for advertising photographing of fish production and have brought to their manager listing of cost of these services. We were one of lines of many applicants. And we had most " big quotations " .Но to us have given this work. The manager has explained it so:
- If we estimate so the work, then we had "to work" much to reach such self-rating...
We have worked with this firm two years, before my leaving in other firm and the beginning of independent work. And here there I have collided that, that " the level of the photographer " a little whom interests, there there was a main thing - "more cheaply"... There took any photos...
I had to master a trade of the designer of cards... That though somehow to pay back money enclosed in my formation of the photographer...

The best regards!

"Erased a hieroglyph"