Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First go at Strobist and High Key
Lens: Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 Camera: Pentax K10D Photo Location: UK ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: LittleSkink, 08-02-2013, 09:30 AM

Having slowly accumulated strobist bits and pieces this was my first ever go at a portrait photo shoot this week. I was concious of reflections from the glasses so set up with the subject looking slightly to one side so the big window and off camera flash caused no issues

Set up was a mix of natural light from big window and Pentax AF280T off camera and bounced on the ceiling above the same window (set to Auto Green as full manual was too much). I used some silver car windscreen reflectors from Poundland to lift the shadows

Other than desaturate/curves/crop/sharpen this is straight from the camera. My plan is to tinker with some dodging and burning at full resolution but happy with what it is, especially as the shot was taken as a promo pic for websites etc so will mostly be used at smaller sizes - hence the slightly harsh curves

My next purchase was going to be an umbrella and stand but is now going to be a decent reflector - as that has proved really useful for controlling light

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 1,715
08-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shot!!
08-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'd be pretty pleased with this!
08-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I'd be pretty pleased with this!

I agree with this.

Very nicely done.

08-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

looks great. Gotta try it myself!
07-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LittleSkink Quote
Having slowly accumulated strobist bits and pieces this was my first ever go at a portrait photo shoot this week. I was concious of reflections from the glasses so set up with the subject looking slightly to one side so the big window and off camera flash caused no issues

Set up was a mix of natural light from big window and Pentax AF280T off camera and bounced on the ceiling above the same window (set to Auto Green as full manual was too much). I used some silver car windscreen reflectors from Poundland to lift the shadows

Other than desaturate/curves/crop/sharpen this is straight from the camera. My plan is to tinker with some dodging and burning at full resolution but happy with what it is, especially as the shot was taken as a promo pic for websites etc so will mostly be used at smaller sizes - hence the slightly harsh curves

My next purchase was going to be an umbrella and stand but is now going to be a decent reflector - as that has proved really useful for controlling light
I like it!