Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Saying Goodbye to Kenzie
Posted By: tessfully, 08-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Our lovely and wild Border Collie Kenzie succumbed to her heart disease July 21. She was an awesome, incredibly smart, loving and high energy dog. We all miss her terribly and can't get used to the quiet and huge void she left behind.

We adopted her in October 2010 when she was almost one. She had a Grade 6 heart murmur and our vet said she would probably not live to see 2 years, but she made it to 3 1/2.

This is the first photo I ever took of her...

One of my favourite photos... we were watching the sun set on White Trout Lake in Algonquin Park...

No matter what was happening inside of her body she was always a happy dog

Kenzie had lots of adventures, went on many canoe, camping and hiking trips, and she lived her life her way right to the end.

Me and Kenzie on Big Trout

Norman Kenzie and Dreamer on Otterslide Lake

Paddling the Crow River

Trip and Kenzie tuckered out on Rense Lake

Her last canoe trip was this July a couple of weeks before she died. On Booth Lake...

And my last photo taken the same week she died (she adopted Misty and basically raised her for the past 6 months)

We miss you girly.

Last edited by tessfully; 08-03-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Views: 2,760
08-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I'm so so sorry Tess.

08-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I am so sorry, and so sad for you. Dogs are one of my life's real passions. They give so much, and ask so little. We lost 2 over the last 3 years, and it has been a real heartbreak for our whole house. We have more now, but they're never the same.
08-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So sad, Tess.
08-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #19

It's so sad when we lose our loyal companions. I'm sorry to hear about her passing.

08-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a wonderful series of photos for your wonderful companion. Both Annie and I feel your loose and sorrow. We had our beautiful Koto put down only a couple of months back and we still miss him so much. They are indeed a part of our families and Kenzie was such a part of your's from your wonderful photos.
08-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #21
Den
Veteran Member

Sorry for your loss. Have had 7 dogs in my life I've had to see go. It's always a sad time.
08-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Lovely way to remember your Friend Tess. Sorry for your loss

08-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I am truly sorry for your loss and I am also, as always, inspired by your photos. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tribute. Kenzie was lucky to have had you both and we have all enjoyed sharing in her adventures.
08-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Oh Tess, I'm so sorry. As a dog person that I know your pain, understand your loss, and also know that in her short time she had the best life a dog could have. Please accept my sincere condolences.
08-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There are few words to express how cathartic reading everyone's responses has been. Thank you thank you for your understanding and condolences. It is amazing how big a role Kenzie played in this family pack of ours and the fact that she was so young and vibrant in her expressive mind has made the loss very hard. Even the last day when she could barely stand or lie down she played her little game of pushing the ball to us so we could roll it back to her. Someone said even when you get a another dog it is never the same... so true. It is the specialness of each that is irreplaceable. Someone else said give the other dogs lots of scratches and love, and we certainly are doing that.

My uncle said 'Pets are a short story that always have a sad ending' and even though he is right, it is the chapters in between that enriches us and brings joy to our lives.

Again, thanks to all for your empathetic and compassionate notes. It is a real privilege to share our Kenzie here.
08-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I am so sorry for your loss Tess. We all got to know Kenzie a little from the images you posted of her. I know she is running free in doggie heaven without a care in the world and looking down at you and Norm and your other guys keeping an eye out for all of you.
08-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #27

I'm so sorry to hear of Kenzie's passing. She had a wonderful life with Norm and you. The pictures really show her personality and I absolutely love the one with both of you in it at the lake.
08-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She will live forever in your heart, Tess.

I've shed a tear this morning, for her and for you. And for the memory of my beloved pets who are playing with her now.
08-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear this sad news.
We had a little poodle years ago who had an enlarged heart.
He was a tough little chap and he lived until he was 14. In his last couple of years he was diagnosed with a heart condition.

Like you, we had some nice photos of him, which is the best thing about photography.
08-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Sorry for the loss Tess.The pictures are an awesome tribute in my book.--charliezap