Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Saying Goodbye to Kenzie
Lens: various Camera: K-5 Photo Location: South Algonquin Ontario 
Posted By: tessfully, 08-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Our lovely and wild Border Collie Kenzie succumbed to her heart disease July 21. She was an awesome, incredibly smart, loving and high energy dog. We all miss her terribly and can't get used to the quiet and huge void she left behind.

We adopted her in October 2010 when she was almost one. She had a Grade 6 heart murmur and our vet said she would probably not live to see 2 years, but she made it to 3 1/2.

This is the first photo I ever took of her...

One of my favourite photos... we were watching the sun set on White Trout Lake in Algonquin Park...

No matter what was happening inside of her body she was always a happy dog

Kenzie had lots of adventures, went on many canoe, camping and hiking trips, and she lived her life her way right to the end.

Me and Kenzie on Big Trout

Norman Kenzie and Dreamer on Otterslide Lake

Paddling the Crow River

Trip and Kenzie tuckered out on Rense Lake

Her last canoe trip was this July a couple of weeks before she died. On Booth Lake...

And my last photo taken the same week she died (she adopted Misty and basically raised her for the past 6 months)

We miss you girly.

Last edited by tessfully; 08-03-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Views: 2,761
08-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm heartbroken.....the third shot showed her soul.... and what a fine soul she had. Life is so full of sorrow, but also filled with joy and magic moments. It is wonderful that you have captured so many of your wonderful friends. I know I have enjoyed every one you have posted, and hope you will continue to post more. She will be missed, but you will forever have the memories, and you will no doubt be considered a Saint in Dog Heaven.

My sincere condolence....
Rupert
08-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sorry to hear this, Tess. I almost feel like I know her (and the rest of your dogs) from all your beautiful posts over the years. I know she had a full & joyful life, and I'm sure you'll keep the many happy memories forever. Best wishes, Paul
08-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
So sorry to hear of Kenzie's passing.

She brought so much joy to the animal lovers here and I know I'll miss her. She's had a wonderful life with you, Tess. Thank you.

08-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #5

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
So sorry for your loss, I felt a closeness to her through the images of her and the pack that you've shared. She was special and I know she had an incredible life with you, Norm and the rest of the troop.
08-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a wonderful tribute to Kenzie, thank you for sharing her life with us.
08-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So sorry, tess.

Jer

08-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Like loosing a good friend. Sorry Tess. JIM
08-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

So sorry to hear this and it looks like you gave her a good life while she had it.

It's unfortunate that our furry family members are only with us for relatively short periods but having said that we had to help our 17 year old cat across the rainbow bridge just last weekend. He had a good innings but he went downhill fast and it was plain that there was only one thing to do. We've had a few cross the bridge now but they still live on in our hearts and in the photos we took of them over the years.

Give your remaining dogs some extra fuss and rest assured that time will heal the wounds and sense of loss eventually.
08-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's very sad Tess, but the pictures tell that she enjoyed the time with you as much as you've enjoyed the time with her.
08-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #11

Probably my favourite breed, and my first ever dog
Very sorry for your loss
Fantastic pics to remind you of her
08-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sorry to hear of her passing. From the photos I can see what a great life she'd led with you. This was a nice tribute.
08-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #13

I extend my deepest sympathies. I lost my best friend recently, so I can relate. Those are very beautiful photos and a wonderful tribute...

Mike
08-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sorry to hear about this.
08-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel for you on your loss.. We had to put down one of our dogs this last week. It's not easy losing a family member. You have some nice photo's to remember her with