Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Chelsea vs Inter - Soccer in Indianapolis!
Lens: Sigma 100-300mm f4 Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Indianapolis, IN 
Posted By: Edgar_in_Indy, 08-04-2013, 07:37 AM

My wife is from Brazil and her parents moved close by after her father retired, so for Father's day this year we bought tickets to the Chelsea vs Inter match that was held here in Indianapolis on August 1st as part of the Guinness International Cup of Champions. Her dad loves soccer, and watches games on TV all the time, so we thought it would nice for him to be able to see some real players in person again.

When I asked him for a prediction before the game, he told me without any hesitation that Chelsea would win because they have more Brazilian players. Chelsea won 2-0.

The pictures of the players in action were shot using my Sigma 100-300mm f4 lens. Lucas Oil Stadium is huge, and we were up in the middle section, so we were a little too far for my 300mm to get in close without cropping, and the elevation had me shooting down at the field at an angle, so the pictures aren't great.

These guys move fast! Even at 1/1000 sec shutter speed, motion blur would still creep in sometimes.

The pictures of the stadium were taken using my Pentax 18-55mm and my Sigma 85mm 1.4. I recently sold my Sigma 10-20mm since I'm planning on buying the 8-16mm, and the ultra wide angle was sorely missed. 18mm just doesn't seem wide at all when you're used to being able to go to 10mm!
Here is a link to the full gallery:

Chelsea vs Inter
Please be aware that if you don't have a fast internet connection, the pictures may take a few seconds to load. I have the album set to load the full size image rather than a down-sized image. If you click the "1:1" button at the top, it will zoom in to show you the 100% view, and you can then click to pan around the image.

You can view the EXIF information by clicking the "Photo Data" button at the bottom of the screen.
Views: 878