Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Website has been beautified!
Posted By: codiac2600, 03-22-2008, 06:45 AM

Ahhhh, I'm tired....

Well, I spent most of last night making my website pretty by finally sitting down and using my college degree in graphic arts to make a 20 minute banner that went through like a million revisions.

The current version is up on my site at Photography 2.0 - Uconventional - Unrestriced - Unreal- powered by SmugMug so take a look at how it looks there and let me know how everything works and click around to make sure my links aren't broken if you don't mind. I thank everyone for helping me out as I'm getting really bad at making sure this stuff works as my coding sucks compared to what my skill at it should be.

here are some other banners I made and let me know if these styles work any better in your opinion or should I stick with what I have up now.

Old banner to reference from:


First new revision:


Second new revision:


Third new revision:


Fourth new revision:


Fifth and final revision I made:


Small ad to put on other peoples websites using html code:


If you want to add my mini banner to your website here is the code:
<a href="http://photo2dot0.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.photo2dot0.com/photos/268762715_mFmrK-O.gif" width="200" height="100" border="0"></a>
Views: 2,251
03-22-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: High Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 571
You have a lovely web site. Well designed and easy to navigate. Your images in the gallery are stunning.
03-22-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Bud
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,699
Chris - fantastic site and the effort you've put into it really shows... very impressive! My son is a junior in college and was recently accepted into the Graphics Arts program. I've e-mailed him a link to your site for a little inspiration

Nice work...

Bud
03-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 2,027
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
You have a lovely web site. Well designed and easy to navigate. Your images in the gallery are stunning.
Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoy the images as well, makes it easier to continue when people really enjoy what you do.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bud Quote
Chris - fantastic site and the effort you've put into it really shows... very impressive! My son is a junior in college and was recently accepted into the Graphics Arts program. I've e-mailed him a link to your site for a little inspiration

Nice work...

Bud
Thanks bud and it's been too much effort. I never liked doing websites because I sit there and redo things over and over again.

Congrats to you and your son and graphic arts is a fun field to jump into. Trust me I'm only a hack at making graphics so make sure to tell him to do better than what I did because he should want to achieve the best in the this field in order to make it big.

03-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
Very Nice Chris - sleek simple and clean design. I like it. I navigated around a bit looks very good. One note your link to your Pentax Gallery seems to fire up your Email contact info - might want to check that hotspot out.

Best of luck in pursuing your passion!
03-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 182
Chris -
I've been to your old site (and your blog). This site is a knock-out! Well done!
Regards
03-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 2,027
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Very Nice Chris - sleek simple and clean design. I like it. I navigated around a bit looks very good. One note your link to your Pentax Gallery seems to fire up your Email contact info - might want to check that hotspot out.

Best of luck in pursuing your passion!
Thanks buddy! I think the link you clicked on was an email link, you have to click the picture of the pentax photo gallery to go there the link is just for email.

Oh will continue and hopefully at a good pace this spring.

QuoteOriginally posted by tlfaust Quote
Chris -
I've been to your old site (and your blog). This site is a knock-out! Well done!
Regards
Thanks man!

03-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Thanks buddy! I think the link you clicked on was an email link, you have to click the picture of the pentax photo gallery to go there the link is just for email.
Oh will continue and hopefully at a good pace this spring.
Thanks man!
Hey Chris I checked again - it may be just my browser or an IE 6 issue. I tried it in Netscape and it worked perfectly - IE 6 sucks but work reasons have to keep it around for a bit yet. In IE 6 the Pentax Photo Gallery picture is just over the wordEmail they kind of overlap. In Netscape browser all is good (probably OK in IE7 ) ahhhhhhhhhh standards eh hahaha

fyi...........Dave
03-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 2,027
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Hey Chris I checked again - it may be just my browser or an IE 6 issue. I tried it in Netscape and it worked perfectly - IE 6 sucks but work reasons have to keep it around for a bit yet. In IE 6 the Pentax Photo Gallery picture is just over the wordEmail they kind of overlap. In Netscape browser all is good (probably OK in IE7 ) ahhhhhhhhhh standards eh hahaha

fyi...........Dave
Thanks Dave!

Yeah I never check my site in IE6 as a normal human being should be using firefox, IE7, or safari. I heard some of the code I use isn't IE6 safe sometimes.
03-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,709
It looks great to me Chris,

I'll add it to my links in a couple of days, when I'm back at home, and try responding to your last PM sometime tonight
03-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 2,027
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
It looks great to me Chris,

I'll add it to my links in a couple of days, when I'm back at home, and try responding to your last PM sometime tonight
Thanks Stu!

Well I decided to play some more with my banner and thought this was cute... what do you guys think?

03-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,709
I love it Chris, the flashes on both sides helps make it.
03-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #13
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,787
Your site is getting more classic with a stunning layout
03-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
Veteran Member
mtnbearhug's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Emmett, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,351
Great site..

Chris,

I agree with Stu.. the banner is great but the flashes on it really make it stand out.. Great job!!

The site is very nice as well... Thanks for sharin the link..

Kim
03-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Gooshin's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, the one in Canada.
Posts: 5,610
i'm going to blunt

this is NOT original

and i have seen your photorgaphic work so i'm a bit puzzled

OTOH, a website is supposed to be to the point and easy to navigate, so maybe its asking too much.

i do like the white text with red numbering, but i would probably make the menu selections also a shade of white.

have you tried making the 2.0 bigger than the text?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
banner, camera, code, photo, revision, website
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you have your own website? Naturenut Photographic Technique 9 05-09-2010 03:52 AM
Website Images prinze18 General Talk 4 05-24-2009 04:57 AM
My photo website ismaelg General Talk 3 05-10-2009 09:53 PM
My new website soccerjoe5 General Talk 12 04-10-2009 04:17 AM
My new website Kim Post Your Photos! 11 09-06-2007 06:36 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top