Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Eastern Rosella
Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Echuca 
Posted By: Bruce Clark, 08-05-2013, 08:54 PM

Easter Rosella in tree above our campsite. Just on dusk I used on camera flash as fill light. The second image showed a lot of blueish colour fringing around the twigs Which I hopefully removed satisfactorily although losing the blueness in the shy during the process.

Attached Images

Views: 951
08-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
08-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done!
08-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Beautiful bird, lovely shot. I don't mind the high key effect of the 2nd shot... fringing is such an issue when pointing the lens up into the sky...has ruined many of my photos, but you definitely saved these.

08-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

nice shots for sure, I've found they don't like to come down lower in the trees much, of all the colourfull birds we have I think these are my favorites but I've yet to nail a decent shot, they don't like you to get too close & budget 300m is my limit, you've done well.
cheers
08-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
nice shots for sure, I've found they don't like to come down lower in the trees much, of all the colourfull birds we have I think these are my favorites but I've yet to nail a decent shot, they don't like you to get too close & budget 300m is my limit, you've done well.
cheers
They were quite tame and came down in the trees to about 3 metres from the ground. I had a lot of shots obscured by twigs and had to wait a long time to get them in the clear. On the ground they were more skittish and continually walking and flying away.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Beautiful bird, lovely shot. I don't mind the high key effect of the 2nd shot... fringing is such an issue when pointing the lens up into the sky...has ruined many of my photos, but you definitely saved these.
Thanks Tess, it was a bit of work getting rid of the fringing but now I have learned how to do it, it opens up a few more possibilities.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Well done!
Thank you

Thanks also to Bob Harris. I trust he said something nice but the site was acting up a bit yesterday and many comments were lost.