Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Public Service Reminder---From Otis
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 -Original Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 08-10-2013, 08:28 AM

It's August, and hot as hell around here, and other places too! Otis wanted to remind all you "Good Guys" here that it is a time to make sure you have out plenty of water for the little animals in your area. Don't worry too much about food, they will eat your house trim, car wiring, or the fenders off your car if necessary, but they do need water!

In Otis' case, don't worry, his contract calls for ice cold beer for him and his Army of Squirrels for the entire month of August, delivered every morning by a big Budweiser truck that pulls up to the Woods of Otis......and a big Coors truck that comes in the afternoon.
Personally, Otis only drinks Dos Equis....he claims it is because he is the most interesting squirrel in the world.....I never argue with Otis!

Regards...get out that water.....or cold beer!

[IMG] [/IMG]

He looks a little wobbly.....maybe he is more "interesting" than usual today?

[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 956
08-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Man, it's dry as a bone here, although we're getting some spotty rain today - in fact I just heard it start to pour. Hottern' stink here too! Even so, the local squirrel population appears to be thriving.

Jer
08-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Water , Beer , he looks pretty hydrated hope you're not baking too bad.
08-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Sunny and hot here, the humidity is a killer, must be above 80%....you can barely breathe out there. Hot is bearable, humidity is not!
What did we do before AC? Suffered! I vaguely recall those days, and the awesome misery! When you took a shower it took three towels to dry off.....and then you still felt wet.
Regards!

08-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I've spent a couple of months on each of two occasions in San Antonio, and a couple of months in Wichita Falls. A lot of memories of Texas, but the one that stands out the most is humidity. My second trip to San Antonio was after having spent 3 years in Fairbanks, AK, which is quite dry, even in the summer. I flew from there on a nice, dry, air conditioned plane, landed in Dallas to connect to a flight to San Antonio. The instant I stepped off of the plane it felt like I had walked into a swimming pool.
08-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Jim, it's one of those days here today, a real killer. I went out to wax the TT this morning....went out dry. In ten minutes I was soaked to the bone. It's dry out west of here, but not here today. San Antonio will kill you this time of year.....and Houston...don't even think about going to Houston in August!
Poor old Jer....down where he is, he must be in real pain today.

Still thinking about coming up your way in September if it works out.......and I can get caught up. It doesn't snow there in September...does it? I hate cold worse than hot and humidity.

Regards!

BTW- Otis just popped the top on a cold one and swigged it down in one gulp...he said it was "just for you guys".
08-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No, no snow in September. ..................................usually.

08-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Unlike most people with arthritis heat isn't a balm to my bones. I absolutely loathe summer and sun. July and August and mid degrees (107 with the heat index) doesn't agree with me at all. I'm sitting here loathe to move next to the AC which is cranking on 72 and I just barely feel comfortable. It's just that hot and that humid now. You can still feel the heat under the AC and I'm getting constant sinus migraines every day now and not sleeping well. I'm not looking for it but I really hope we have an early Fall this year. None of that 90 plus in September and October crap we had last year...
08-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel for you .It is usually in the 100's here and 90% humidity in August here, and I don't get to work in the air conditioning. For some reason this Aug. our temps have been in the upper 80's/ low 90's with rain most days so still have high humidity but lower temps.
Is that a communicator on Otis's arm?