Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ok music lovers,what's this?
Lens: Tanron 17-50/2.8 Camera: Pentax k-x Photo Location: Stockholm ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: southlander, 08-13-2013, 04:14 AM

The lovely lady pictured was playing this instrument in the old town area of Stockholm one Saturday morning in mid-June (yes, I know I was a fair way from home ...just stepped out to buy a paper, honestly!).

Any music buffs out there who can inform me what this instrument was and what its origins are? Bonus point to any Swedes on this forum who can tell us a little about the artist.

Last edited by southlander; 08-13-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Views: 942
08-13-2013, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photo, cute artists, but you got her right in the middle of changing her expression. For street performers I tend to use burst mode and then delete 90% of the shots lol

The drum! I think its called either a hang drum or a space drum. Very popular with some of the exotic, traveling hippie type artists. There are also some smaller versions that you can buy
08-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Had to keep moving rather than hang about for her to start another piece of music ...had a ferry to catch. Kind of awkward now to get back there for another attempt!
07-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
The lovely lady pictured was playing this instrument in the old town area of Stockholm one Saturday morning in mid-June (yes, I know I was a fair way from home ...just stepped out to buy a paper, honestly!).

Any music buffs out there who can inform me what this instrument was and what its origins are? Bonus point to any Swedes on this forum who can tell us a little about the artist.
A tin drum.

07-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #5

It is a hang drum. Both of my sons are percussionists and the actually have one. They are really cool if you know how to play one.