Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Rain Delay....
Posted By: Bob Harris, 08-17-2013, 01:15 PM

for a couple of weeks here in Colorado due to storm conditions. Well it finally cleared up and it was time to BBQ again, I chose ribs of course and steak this weekend. Lots of family in the area so they all want to come and visit for the day for some reason.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio P70  Photo 

Views: 2,172
08-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Do you mean weiners or brats? Tomatoes or tomahtoes? Potatoes or Potahtoes?
I honestly don't know what I mean after reading some of the different lingo here, but let's try one of each to compare.

08-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi
Hamburger with the lot we call them, and they do contain a lot, like ham or bacon, salad, onions, pickled cucumber, mayonnaise, beetroot, egg and tomato. Get your teeth around that without dislocating your jaw.

Greetings
you certainly have most of your food groups on one sandwich, if I can call a hamburger a sandwich, that probably has a different name too.
08-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
Hamburger with "the lot" = Meat Pattie + fried onion, cheese, bacon, egg, tomato, lettuce, & tomato sauce, sometimes beetroot and a "deluxe burger" add a pineapple ring to that, cooked on a hotplate/grill at your local "fish & chip" shop...... so much better than at the fast food places .... also the "steak sandwich" substitute a piece of steak for the beef mince hamburger pattie, and serve between two pieces of toasted bread instead of a hamburger bun.
CC, I've never heard of such a concoction, it sounds like someone cleaned out the refrigerator and put it on a bun. I don't see how you could possibly get your mouth open far enough to eat it. I bet something like that costs some big bucks compared to our burgers in the states.
08-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

You are right, I forgot the cheese and the sometimes Pineapple rings which round off the total fare. I knew I gad forgotten some bits, and of course by salad I meant shredded lettuce. Glad you completed the picture.

If you not yet had the pleasure to eat one of those , especially if prepared by a competent person, you have missed out on a true bit of Aussie gourmet experience.

Greetings
I'm surprised someone hasn't opened a true Aussie restaurant chain in the US, not like Outback but authentic Australian food. I had to laugh because you even get a Pineapple ring to top off this monster burger.

08-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
I think I would have to take a Aussie language course if I ever visited there, but what fun eating there just to experiment.
08-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I don't see how you could possibly get your mouth open far enough to eat it.
Oh no Bob it's easy, you work yourself in from the outside bit by bite.
Now that you have all the ingredients, cook one up yourself. I bet you'll love it.

No. 12: Hamburger with “the lot” | Things Aussies Like

(Optional but recommended: add to this a couple of canned beetroot slices or pineapple rings)

Greetings
08-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
watching the video and viewing the link, I'm going to give this a try for sure. Thanks for these, my son in law says he can eat any burger I make, we will see when I make him one of these babies. Bob
Oh BTW, here is a link to our top 30, this will keep you busy and I bet hungry to try a couple
The Cheese & Burger Society | WI Cheese on Burgers

08-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

watching the video and viewing the link, I'm going to give this a try for sure. Thanks for these, my son in law says he can eat any burger I make, we will see when I make him one of these babies. Bob
Oh BTW, here is a link to our top 30, this will keep you busy and I bet hungry to try a couple
The Cheese & Burger Society | WI Cheese on Burgers
Hi
This is what I call cultural exchange and international cooperation at it's finest.
Let us know how your test run will pan out. (pardon the pun)

Greetings

P.S. I will now check out your link
08-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks,

Well, I say some of those come very close to an Aussie with the lot, but only one has a fried egg in it and none have beetroot slices but all are "jaw busters" also.

Looks like we are not that much different after all.

Must go and have a late night snack now

Greetings

P.S. Can you remember what the original topic was ?