Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spring Thaw.. (5 pics)
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 03-23-2008, 09:16 PM

Was supposed to go camping this weekend but my camp spot still has snow!!!!!!! (sniff sniff.).. so ended up at the dads house... Went for a walk and got some "ok" spring thaws.....

The dads house... (This is house was actually built 1915)... it is darn near 100!! and still standing strong!!

Just some simple thawing... nothing special..

The view West of my dads place.. The mtn are even closer on the East side!

Last but not least... Mud puddles... Got to love'em!!!!

Thanks for lookin!!! Nothing to extravagant, yet hopefully not boring.. .. going campin tomorrow for sure where the IS NO SNOW!!! LOL See ya all wednesday..

Kim
Views: 1,620
03-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hey, those pics look familiar. Maybe that's because that's more or less what it looks like here: Still a bunch of snow around, but lots of puddles, too. (The locals call this "mud season.")

Lynn
03-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Looks like you dad lives in a lovely location Kim. I love the last shot, what is it about kids and puddles. Hope spring comes your way soon
03-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

They look good to me Kim,

Your little man looks like he's having fun in the puddles

It wasn't camping weather here either. We got a little snow, and even a little rain. Plus it's been cold and windy.
I should fix the heater in my motorhome, and camp in there from time to time

03-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series Kim - great old house and view - your son is not wearing rubber boots ! Ahh with rubber boots that is a free ticket for all puddles ! While I like spring for new beginnings the melt down and mud and dirt are a little rough the first few weeks.
03-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Very nice spring mood in this series! English not being my native language, I am not sure what thaw means, something to do with melting snow, perhaps?
03-26-2008, 02:39 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Your photography style is getting more melodramatic.

#1 and #4 are my favorite.

03-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Lynn Quote
Still a bunch of snow around, but lots of puddles, too. (The locals call this "mud season.") Lynn
My dad calls it the ugly days of Spring... Because the only colors are brown and white.. or a mixture there of.... .. We are getting some green grass finally though.. so its a start..!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Looks like you dad lives in a lovely location Kim.
Diane.. I Grew up in that old house.. Even still has my height chart on the pantry wall!!

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Your little man looks like he's having fun in the puddles
It wasn't camping weather here either. We got a little snow, and even a little rain. Plus it's been cold and windy. I should fix the heater in my motorhome, and camp in there from time to time
The good thing about motorhomes Stu is they are GREAT for camping in the rain and cold!!! !LOL.. get the puppy plugged in and get out there..!!!! LOL

I have to say that my son takes after me in the water puddle catagory... I have a hard time staying out fo them as well... Same thing with fresh snow... I have to make a track design.. I just cant help myself!! LOL

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
your son is not wearing rubber boots ! Ahh with rubber boots that is a free ticket for all puddles !
Oh Dave.. you party pooper... didn't you know it not as fun if you dont get wet!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Very nice spring mood in this series! English not being my native language, I am not sure what thaw means, something to do with melting snow, perhaps?
Sorry Gawan.. but you are corret.. Thaw as in Spring thaw is the melting of the snow and Spring taking over winter....

Thank you everyone for your comments!!! I am glad that you enjoyed the pics!!

Kim
03-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good or Bad???

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Your photography style is getting more melodramatic..
Thanks Roentarre.. but I have to wonder... is my Photography style being melodramatic a good thing ... or a bad thing????

Or do I really want to know that answer.... ?????

Kim