Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Road Trip - Space Travel
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: South Dakota 
Posted By: daacon, 08-23-2013, 07:15 AM

While we did rent a vehicle, we only had 4 days. We needed a quicker transportation method so rather than drive places let's get beamed up

Click on image twice for larger view

#2 I had to buckle CK in as he get's pretty quesy on this type of travel

#3 - I'm off !

and just like that we arrive at our a new undiscovered Planet

#4 - Nothing phases this adventurer

#5 - Lots' of Foreign Creatures lurking on the walls

#7 - The terrain is rough ....

#8 - ...but the bacon strips are huge on this planet

Views: 963
08-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
creative captures dave !! entering that alternative dimension is right up my alley.. dave m
08-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

man, I wish I could walk in your shoes, would save me so much money on fuel costs.
08-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You know, I've got my suspicions that CK may be a space alien.

Jer

08-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I see you packed sparingly, but wisely-a rubber chicken, it's like ducktape and bailing wire had a baby

Great shots! I've never seen stalagmites(stalactites?)with tentacles! Looks like it was decorated by Cthulhu
08-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Some neat processing there, love it! Nice shots of the rock formations too, where was that, I'm planning a trip to S Dakota?

The only thing worse than a barfing chicken is a barfing squirrel. The last big Squirrel Frenzy we had here left little barf bags all over my yard. Stunk like rotten potatoes.

Regards!
08-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I'm starting to realize how much I'm missing not travelling with a rubber chicken, where can I get one of those?

08-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
I see you packed sparingly, but wisely-a rubber chicken, it's like ducktape and bailing wire had a baby

Great shots! I've never seen stalagmites(stalactites?)with tentacles! Looks like it was decorated by Cthulhu
Bah, Cthulhu ... I was thinking if this was not the true Dalek form....? But, the rubber chicken still scare me more....

Very nice shots, otherwise.
08-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I see the Chicken made the trip to Davey. Tried this before but yours turned out better. Cheers JIM
08-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Some more nice shots, Dave. You don't see a lot of cave-- err, interplanetary shots here. Those aliens seem to have a severe mucus problem.

I did that zoom blur thing once, by accident... it took a long time to get back to the car after that.

I need to stop leaving my duck on the dashboard, and take him with me some more.
08-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
creative captures dave !! entering that alternative dimension is right up my alley.. dave m
Thanks Dave it's the only way to Travel

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
man, I wish I could walk in your shoes, would save me so much money on fuel costs.
haha well that flux capacitor ain't cheap my friend

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
You know, I've got my suspicions that CK may be a space alien.
Jer
You know jer he did look uncommonly comfortable in this environment

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
haha thanks ToyTank indeed never leave home without it !
08-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Some neat processing there, love it! Nice shots of the rock formations too, where was that, I'm planning a trip to S Dakota?
The only thing worse than a barfing chicken is a barfing squirrel. The last big Squirrel Frenzy we had here left little barf bags all over my yard. Stunk like rotten potatoes.
Regards!
Thanks Rupert - that does sound nasty. This was Jewel Cave. We spend 4 days in South Dakota could have spent more easily. You can view my 'Road Trip' series to see where we went. We stayed the first night in Deadwood , Then off to Hill City, two nights in Custer and last night in Rapid City.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm starting to realize how much I'm missing not travelling with a rubber chicken, where can I get one of those?
You know if nothing else it gets people talking and not always in a good way (look at that crazy old man !) - My wife bought him I am sure you can find one , I never thought a rubber chicken would be our travel companion , something a Marx's brother would have

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Bah, Cthulhu ... I was thinking if this was not the true Dalek form....? But, the rubber chicken still scare me more....
Very nice shots, otherwise.
Thanks tclausen - there chicken is pretty friendly once you get to know him.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I see the Chicken made the trip to Davey. Tried this before but yours turned out better. Cheers JIM
Thanks Jim - it was pretty dark down there , some came out not too bad.

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Some more nice shots, Dave. You don't see a lot of cave-- err, interplanetary shots here. Those aliens seem to have a severe mucus problem.
I did that zoom blur thing once, by accident... it took a long time to get back to the car after that.
I need to stop leaving my duck on the dashboard, and take him with me some more.
Thanks scratchpaddy with the duck you get the cuteness factor These zooming effects turned out not to bad we had to try a couple of times, really need a slow shutter speed to make them work.