Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunrise over Lake Ontario
Lens: Sigma 17-70mm 1:2.8-4.5 Camera: Pentax K100D Photo Location: Lake Ontario at the Sixteen Mile Creek Mouth 
Posted By: NISZILA, 08-25-2013, 07:05 AM

Woke up rather early this morning to catch the sunrise over Lake Ontario at the Sixteen Mile Creek Mouth in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Quite happy with how they turned out, but I want to go again during winter to see the difference. The sun will also be more South in the winter which means it will be closer to the lighthouse. For now though, this is what I got.

Views: 1,297
08-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for posting... I hate getting up early so much, it's likely a sight I won't ever see. I'm much more likely to get a Sunrise shot in the winter or late fall.
08-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Thanks for these sublime shots .
08-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice shots.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I hate getting up early so much, it's likely a sight I won't ever see. I'm much more likely to get a Sunrise shot in the winter or late fall.
When I was working I used to see lots of dawns as I had to be at work by 7 a.m. and for a while I had a 1-hour drive to work each morning. Now I'm registered as disabled due to a life altering illness the only time I would see a dawn is if I stayed up all night!

08-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Thanks for posting... I hate getting up early so much, it's likely a sight I won't ever see. I'm much more likely to get a Sunrise shot in the winter or late fall.
I know what you mean. I originally intended to do this last weekend, but I didn't have enough will power. This weekend I bit the bullet and got up.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Nice shots.

When I was working I used to see lots of dawns as I had to be at work by 7 a.m. and for a while I had a 1-hour drive to work each morning. Now I'm registered as disabled due to a life altering illness the only time I would see a dawn is if I stayed up all night!
I'm sorry to hear this. Hope all is as well as it can be.
08-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Most excellent shots - I love to get up early ......
08-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NISZILA Quote
I'm sorry to hear this. Hope all is as well as it can be.
Thanks for the comment/concern.

I take one day at a time now as I never know what my day is going to be like until I get up and even then I have no idea what's in store as I can go from feeling OK (OK for me would probably be 'a bit off colour' for most people) to feeling so ill that I have to head to bed within the space of 30 minutes. Google ME/CFS if you want to learn about the illness.

08-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
One more photo from this morning. Originally didn't pick this one, but after adjusting the contrast slightly on PS, I actually quite like it. Thanks for the comments guys.

08-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great bunch of shots. I did a few sunrise shots at a duck pond not far from my house, and I've been wanting to get back there for some time. But since April, sunrise kept getting earlier and earlier to the point where it got harder and harder (or at least finding the motivation did). Thanks for the inspiration.