Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I wouldn't fish here
Posted By: little laker, 01-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Here's my newest photoshopped attempt.

You wouldn't see me leave my car if I saw something like that guy at my fishing hole
Views: 3,006
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First off, great photo! It'd be a beauty in itself.

I like the photoshopping idea, but I think you should decrease the opacity just a bit on the bear

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

A ghostly bear in the lake - Quite an effect. The sunset is beautiful!

As Mo has already suggested, Bear is a bit too prominent.
01-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think this one came off better. It could be because the bear is anchored in the picture.

01-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion, I kinda like the bear around that shade. However I lightened it up a little more, and moved it to what I think is a nicer looking position
I just like the coloring of the water in this new location a little bit better.
01-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I'll tell you what Stu, If I saw something like that coming out of a lake where I was fishing there would be a well marked brown trail back to town. I like your first on better for the same reason you do. in the second one the clouds seem to take away from what you are attempting to do here.

when I have more time I'll have to try some of the things you're doing and more. I just started a new job last Monday and by the time I get home I'm pretty well done in. Keep up the good work I love seeing your talent.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
01-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Congrats on the new job David
I hope that it's something that you like, and something that gives you a little extra spending money as well.

And your right, it's easy to get hooked on photo manipulation

01-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
Inactive Account

" When in a cup of coffee add many spoons of sugar it is coffee to drink it is impossible... "
It I about necessity to have and " critical ratings "...
Approximately here again two completely independent works try to connect...
Question - for what?...

The dest regards!
01-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Prizmatic, I'm sure you may have had something to contribute to this thread, but all I'm getting is gibberish in prose form. Please try again.

OP, this reminds me of some nature scenes I've seen silk-screened on to t-shirts. I like the detail you can see in the bears face in the first one.
01-18-2007, 03:13 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Hi Beth,
I think what Prizmatic is trying to say is he doesn't see the reason for anything other then a single photo. but I would say this is opinion and everyone has a right to like or dislike the subject. I happen to like the way this shot is done and enjoy playing in Photo Shop to see what all you can create with photos.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
01-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Hi All!

I wrote that overlapping of two "self-sufficient" photos leads to that these photos (in the submitted variant) do not supplement each other, creating единную a composition...
What from photos defines" conducting subject "? And what photo "emphasizes"?...
, etc.
In what sense of this composition? Associations? An image?, etc.
And so is simply " overlapping of two photos " with the help of program Photoshop...

P.S.
I not against an individual way to creativity! I have only written about my "sensation"...
The world is full of creative people. A question only what there is their creativity?...

The best regards!
01-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think that I understand what your saying Prizmatic.

As most of you know I like trying to get the perfect photo with just the camera and I don't even like cropping my work if I can get away from it.

However when the weather or my health isn't cooperating I still have to do something, and photoshop is just the newest thing in my life.

I'm not trying to replace the art of good photography, and I really don't think that anyone here is.
I'm just adding another element to my passion.
01-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
However when the weather or my health isn't cooperating I still have to do something, and photoshop is just the newest thing in my life.

I'm not trying to replace the art of good photography, and I really don't think that anyone here is.
I'm just adding another element to my passion.
I completely understand this. Was housebound for quite some time so made the best of it and learned Photoshop. Why not have fun and be creative!
01-19-2007, 07:19 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Okay, okay, I get it. It was clear to me that the original image was a creative exercise and I just didn't understand what coffee had to do with anything.

I should note that I receive a high volume of spam emails on a regular basis, and most have a very similar gibberish construction. I just wanted clarification, and now I've got it, (thanks!) so carry on!
01-19-2007, 08:28 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdavis Quote
Okay, okay, I get it.
I should note that I receive a high volume of spam emails on a regular basis, and most have a very similar gibberish construction. I just wanted clarification, and now I've got it, (thanks!) so carry on!
I had a lot of spam for a while and got tired of it. So I ended up creating a gmail account, and forwarding everything from my main account through the gmail account and then to my computer. Both Gmail and Yahoo have incredible spam filters.
I still get the odd spam getting through, but it blocks out over 100 messages most weeks.