Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Shooting Local
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta 
Posted By: daacon, 09-04-2013, 06:09 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

You can't always get away so sometimes I will just go out 5 minutes from my house. It has been an awesome fall so far. Cooling down at night so sleep is comfortable and daytime highs of 28 C. While officially still summer I consider September fall , my favorite season.

Click on image twice for larger view

#1 - a few minutes before sunset

#2 - a few minutes after sunset

#3 - the next two were fun. Standing on the side of the road with camera mounted on Tripod , pointing at traffic a lot of drivers would just slow right down

Views: 981
09-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
stunning alberta sunsets dave... big fan of those highway captures, dave m
09-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
#3 - the next two were fun. Standing on the side of the road with camera mounted on Tripod , pointing at traffic a lot of drivers would just slow right down
I bet they would slow down even more if you had a Fotosnaiper!

Good shots all. Glad you're enjoying the weather. It hasn't started to cool down here yet, with morning lows around 32°C, and highs around 43°. I'm looking forward to winter.
09-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lovely sunsets and I like those starbursts too.

09-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fall is a special time Dave, lovely reflection in the first. The end of September is a time for us to head South and a time to find a campsite before the Canadian snowbirds arrive.
09-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #6

Nice shots Dave. I forgot that you live near that pond, did your pelicans come back this year?.........Bas
09-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Drivers slowing down? I HATE THAT! I just want pictures of their light trails, which is better if they are quicker (for me).

I have often thought of creating signs that say, "NOT RADAR, NOT POLICE, JUST A WEIRDO WITH A CAMERA".... or something along those lines

09-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
stunning alberta sunsets dave... big fan of those highway captures, dave m
Thanks Dave I should have stayed or went back when it was darker.

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
I bet they would slow down even more if you had a Fotosnaiper!
Good shots all. Glad you're enjoying the weather. It hasn't started to cool down here yet, with morning lows around 32°C, and highs around 43°. I'm looking forward to winter.
That is awesome !!! I want one !!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Lovely sunsets and I like those starbursts too.
Thanks Susan glad you liked them.
09-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Fall is a special time Dave, lovely reflection in the first. The end of September is a time for us to head South and a time to find a campsite before the Canadian snowbirds arrive.
Thanks Bob appreciate it - did you make it the Balckhills yet ? Be too cold soon

QuoteOriginally posted by basquist02 Quote
Nice shots Dave. I forgot that you live near that pond, did your pelicans come back this year?.........Bas
Thanks Bas indeed they were I have several shots and posted a few - they are long gone now though , usually take off in August.

QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
Drivers slowing down? I HATE THAT! I just want pictures of their light trails, which is better if they are quicker (for me).
I have often thought of creating signs that say, "NOT RADAR, NOT POLICE, JUST A WEIRDO WITH A CAMERA".... or something along those lines
my thoughts exactly
09-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I want one !!!!
There's a couple on the Bay right now. Just look for "Zenit FS 12." Might be fun for shooting birds.

Zenit FS 12 Photosniper Complete Kit w Tair 3S 300mm F4 5 58mm F2 Filters | eBay