Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The ironworker
Lens: FA -31mm Ltd Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Algiers ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: Hippone, 09-08-2013, 03:18 AM

Man at work

Views: 688
09-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First of all: Photographing a welder in action is a very difficult thing.
If I may give some constructive feedback?
Your title suggests a man at work but the emphasis is on the welding torch. IMHO your PoV if you got lower and included more of the guy. Also (BTDT) shooting directly into the weldingarch is something to avoid because it kills the atmosphere created by the weldinglight. Also the bright weldinglight is in the middle of the frame, which not only messes up your metering but also creates a rather static composition.

Again, not trying to be an @ss, just giving you tips. I know how difficult this is.
09-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just hope you've got a UV filter on that fine lens. I'd hate to see a big spark burn into the element of that FA 31.
Having said that, a lower viewpoint might have worked better, with the weld-arc illuminating the welder.

Regards
09-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
TenZ.NL thanks for your constructive feedback, precisely through these photos i wanted to highlight this phase of his work (the light of welds )

Best regards

09-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
I just hope you've got a UV filter on that fine lens. I'd hate to see a big spark burn into the element of that FA 31.
Having said that, a lower viewpoint might have worked better, with the weld-arc illuminating the welder.

Regards
Hi Sam-joseph, thanks for your visit, don't worry of course i have UV filter on all my lenses including this FA 31mm Ltd .
I really appreciate your comment.

Cheers
09-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice efforts and some good advice above.
09-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi daacon, thanks for your comment

Cheers