Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
14 minute Slide Show - Funtastic 2013 and The Bangers
Camera: K5 / K20D Photo Location: Vernon BC 
Posted By: daacon, 09-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Not sure this one belongs here or somewhere else. It's got a lot of pictures

One of the things I really like to do with pictures is make a slide show. Nowadays the TV screens have a far better resolution than a consumer 'DVD' authoring program has. This gets a bit disappointing as the pics are so crisp and clear , and when you create a DVD they lose so much. Another factor is how your particular DVD player does upscaling and what type of connection you have to your TV. . A Blu-Ray writer would help - next machine I will have to get one or maybe just buy an external one. The AVI , mpeg-4 and especially the exe file are so much better than a standard 720 x 480 DVD format.

We have been going to this ball tournament since 1999 ( Funtastic ). It's so much fun. There is no prize money (which keeps a lot of 'those teams' away). We have been going long enough that now our Kids can play. Unfortunately my Kids could not make it this year (Daughter still recovering from ACL, Son had commitments) but it is a real family affair (two of our Families make up 11 players at times).

Anyway the video is a little long 14 minutes 8 seconds. I think it captures the essence of what great fun this is. I still need to remember to take more video (I get so caught up in the picture thing). The video that is in there was captured with an iPhone.

Most all shots were taken with the K5 or K20D , DA* 16-50 , DA* 60-250 and few (in the mosh pit) were with someone's PS (unsure what brand). Anyway if you got 15 minutes have a look. This one you can change the view to full HD (1080p) - still not quite perfect but it'll have to do.

Views: 1,062
09-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Man, what a great time Dave. Still laughing. First, when I seen it was 14 minutes I said to myself "Self, way too long to Watch!! but while worth seeing the whole thing. Tie Dye Shirts!! and those blue glasses. What a Party!! Cheers JIMBO
09-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have way too much fun Dave, really enjoyed the show. When I grow up I want to be just like you.
09-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Man, what a great time Dave. Still laughing. First, when I seen it was 14 minutes I said to myself "Self, way too long to Watch!! but while worth seeing the whole thing. Tie Dye Shirts!! and those blue glasses. What a Party!! Cheers JIMBO
I showed you this was hoping you would view it to entice you to maybe make it down there next year as you can see it's pretty fun. Karen always comes up with a theme. Those glasses where $3.00 at the dollar store and we had soo many offers from people wanting them. One girl offered one of our players $80.00 ! When you have 14 people walking around in tie Dye shirts and those glasses - people notice

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
You have way too much fun Dave, really enjoyed the show. When I grow up I want to be just like you.
Thanks Bob yep it's one of events I look forward to all year for sure. I envy your freedom my friend as I am still very much in the rat race but try and enjoy the summers / fall especially. As for growing up it's overrated methinks.

09-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

After seeing this i may REALLY have tpo join you guys next year. JIM
09-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
After seeing this i may REALLY have tpo join you guys next year. JIM
Hope so Jimbo you would fit right in with this crew July long weekend - in Vernon - I usually book extra hotel rooms - I'll keep ya in mind for 2014 (dates are Friday June 27th to Monday June 30, 2014)
09-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I don't know about fitting in but it would be fun trying. JIM

09-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A great presentation there Dave.I thoroughly enjoyed it.Some day I hope to have the privilege of meeting you in person as you look like a really genuine fun person to be around.--charliezap
09-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
A great presentation there Dave.I thoroughly enjoyed it.Some day I hope to have the privilege of meeting you in person as you look like a really genuine fun person to be around.--charliezap
Thanks Charlie - I think we could be Red Solo cup borthers for sure. I hope to make down to East Coast some day (my wife has never been) so who knows
09-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jer
09-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jer