Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project #1 - @39
Posted By: betsypdx, 03-25-2008, 08:07 PM

aka - "It really is all about me."

Inspired by a recent thread started by Jonas B on the other forum (see Jonas's post), a somewhat freaky exhibit I saw in February at a local gallery (see the February show of Jason Horowitz at Blue Sky Gallery), and my pending 40th birthday, I decided to start a mini-project around a month ago of mostly close up pictures of me before that milestone occurred. So, I've now put the results up.

Here are a couple from the @39 gallery. I don't particularly like "self" portraits (even if they are somewhat abstract), so can't truly call them "favorites".

I have a second project going as well, but, have a bit more to do on that one tonight before making the gallery public. My birthday's tomorrow, so that was the deadline for both.
Views: 1,787
03-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On the first photo I like the detail in the eye, but the color seems a bit strong in the magenta side. I really like the second and third. Dramatic, nice texture, very interesting.
03-26-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I saw similar projects done on various body parts inciting interesting mood and feeling. So fine art approach without showing nude.

Among the 3 shots, I like the last shot the best. I tend to deviate my thoughts towards the skin texture - a lot of imagination there!