Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Model photo shoot in the garage studio!
Posted By: hamidlmt, 03-26-2008, 07:41 AM

This was my third time working with Bailey... she keeps getting more and more at ease in front of the camera. I think she did a snazzy job!

I used various combinations of 2 continuous lights and 2 hot shoe flashes. About half way through the shoot, the batteries in my Cactus V2 wireless triggers started to putter out and I just used the hot lights.

All shots were taken with the K10D and FA 50mm 1.4, FA 31mm 1.8 Limited and a couple of shots with the DA* 50-135mm 2.8.

The entire gallery can be found here: Hamid Shibata Bennett's photos- powered by SmugMug

Views: 2,842
03-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I like them. The model looks like she was fun to work with. Powerful looks. Excellent rembrandt lighting in the second shot!
03-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent set, Hamid.
03-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Great series Hamid! I love the last two, just brilliant.

03-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series. #4 is as good as it gets...
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Lovely.
#4 and #5 came out brilliantly.
Shadowing has lost the detail on the left side of her face in #1 but the effect is beautiful.
Hamid, you are GOOD!
03-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Lovely model and excellent work. I like the 2nd shot very much. Thanks for sharing.

03-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Simple and effective lighting. Her poses appear so natural, yet conveying a sense of cool air.

The idea of using ropes are really clever. I love that use of prop.

Great series!
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jshurak Quote
I like them. The model looks like she was fun to work with. Powerful looks. Excellent rembrandt lighting in the second shot!
Bailey is really fun to work with. Next time out, we may split the cost of a hair/makeup artist and try something really different!

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
Excellent set, Hamid.
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Great series Hamid! I love the last two, just brilliant.
Thanks! I'm always quite surprised to find fun shots like those when I start going through the editing process.

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Nice series. #4 is as good as it gets...
Thanks Maxwell!
03-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Lovely.
#4 and #5 came out brilliantly.
Shadowing has lost the detail on the left side of her face in #1 but the effect is beautiful.
Hamid, you are GOOD!
That first one was a bit of a fluke, I admit... My hot shoe flash didn't quite recycle back up a shot or two before, so I turned it off because the lighting seemed so much more dramatic.

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Lovely model and excellent work. I like the 2nd shot very much. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks... I like that one too. She wanted to wear that shirt to make some sort of statement.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Simple and effective lighting. Her poses appear so natural, yet conveying a sense of cool air.

The idea of using ropes are really clever. I love that use of prop.

Great series!
Thanks! I really feel she is a natural... far more at ease than many far more experienced models.

It's amazing what a simple prop can do.... especially for these plain background studio shots. I found a bunch of rope in a forgotten drawer in the garage and slung it up over a beam.
03-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
A couple more...

Another few shots I've been drawn to lately...

03-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #12
Veteran Member

This is another great series Hamid. I checked out the gallery and there are quite a few other shots that I think turned out great that you have not posted here. Really nice work.
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really nice series, and I don't usually get very excited about model shoots. Good job to both you and the model. I especially like #2.

NaCl(love the eyes)H2O
03-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Great shots, and the model - she is somehow so expressive in her face and gesture, guess she is a joy to photograph.
03-28-2008, 07:29 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
This is another great series Hamid. I checked out the gallery and there are quite a few other shots that I think turned out great that you have not posted here. Really nice work.
Fritz... I took just over 200 shots and had a hard time narrowing down to 45 or so. I love shoots like that, where I get so many keepers!

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Really nice series, and I don't usually get very excited about model shoots. Good job to both you and the model. I especially like #2.

NaCl(love the eyes)H2O
Thanks! I really enjoy model shoots.... almost as much as shooting doggies!

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Great shots, and the model - she is somehow so expressive in her face and gesture, guess she is a joy to photograph.
Bailey is a joy to photograph... one of the best models I've worked with to date. Charming, friendly and professional.