Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Your choice - Pentax shopping in Tokyo
Lens: M 1,7/50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Tokyo 
Posted By: volley, 09-15-2013, 09:03 AM

I had to go to Tokyo for a day and found this Pentax (a company which is doomed, you know) selection at BIC Camera.

Overall Pentax was very well represented, I must say.

With the EUR/YEN exchange rate I was interested to buy a DA 3,2/21 Limited and was disappointed to hear that these were sold out.
But I was lucky to find one in BIC Cameras' "outlet" just across the street where they sell exhibit items at great prices. Actually I paid less then 250 EUR!

This is a shot I took just 1 minute after the purchase.

Views: 1,151
09-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Which Bic Camera did you go to? The one at Shinjuku, in the HALC building? I'm not sure that I know where the Bic outlet is, I'm more of a Yodobashi-man, but I'd be interested in learning

And, the 21mm is just wonderful, you'll enjoy it. One of the most underestimated / underevaluated limited, IMO.
09-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Which Bic Camera did you go to? The one at Shinjuku, in the HALC building? I'm not sure that I know where the Bic outlet is, I'm more of a Yodobashi-man, but I'd be interested in learning

And, the 21mm is just wonderful, you'll enjoy it. One of the most underestimated / underevaluated limited, IMO.
Thanks for your comment, I'm really looking forward to use this little lens more often.
I was at their Yurakucho store, near the Tokyo International Forum and the outlet is basically in the basement of the JR Yurakucho Station opposite to the main shop.

As I had just one evening in Tokyo and I love to walk through Ginza I had no chance to go to Yodobashi this time. Great shop as well.
09-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Thanks for your comment, I'm really looking forward to use this little lens more often.
I was at their Yurakucho store, near the Tokyo International Forum and the outlet is basically in the basement of the JR Yurakucho Station opposite to the main shop.

As I had just one evening in Tokyo and I love to walk through Ginza I had no chance to go to Yodobashi this time. Great shop as well.
Ah, right, I know that they have an outlet in the Yurakucho area, but I've actually never been there. Work brings me to Shinjuku, and there's little reason to trekking far from there for a camera shop overdose

09-17-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the cameras shot! I'll take a purple and a yellow please! And the 21 Ltd is an awesome lens....congrats!
09-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Ah, right, I know that they have an outlet in the Yurakucho area, but I've actually never been there. Work brings me to Shinjuku, and there's little reason to trekking far from there for a camera shop overdose
There is no such thing like a camera shop overdose!!

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Love the cameras shot! I'll take a purple and a yellow please! And the 21 Ltd is an awesome lens....congrats!
Thanks for your comment Tess, I liked the way they displayed the cameras.
09-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot of the taxi.
I like the Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara that displays just about all of the Pentax lenses to try out.
Haven't been to BIC much to be honest.

09-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Those look like the assembly line workers were having a hangover day.