Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rock Star Mandy
Posted By: codiac2600, 03-26-2008, 12:53 PM

Super sexy singer Mandy Lee. She needed head shots for the band and website so I took on the task.

I'll post more later when I'm not so sick feeling.

You can go to the my website and check out the rest while they upload at Photography 2.0 - Uconventional - Unrestriced - Unreal- powered by SmugMug

Enjoy!
Views: 2,566
03-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here are some more... ugh my tummy sucks today. What did I eat :ugh:

03-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series Chirs in the first group first and last are my favorites. Second set I think #4 is the album cover !
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

A really strong series! I could easily see this as part of the album artwork. A lovely subject that looked like she was having such fun... and, great location!

03-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
Inactive Account

resolution is good but...

so far skin tones r way off every photo has a different skin tone.

vic jr.
03-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
so far skin tones r way off every photo has a different skin tone.

vic jr.
Because some have desat added for effect The originals have have perfect skin tone, but don't mind losing it when I do some extreme shadow contrast and desat for vivid pop.
03-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Because some have desat added for effect The originals have have perfect skin tone, but don't mind losing it when I do some extreme shadow contrast and desat for vivid pop.
i've got scared cuz till now, it seems to me that the k20d looses a bit for the d300 in the skin tones departament, so i still undecided about that.

vic jr.

03-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Excellent job Chris. I'm sure she will be very pleased.
03-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You've done it again, Chris.
I'm never disappointed each time I check your posted photos - great work here too.
Last one's a great cover shot - my fav.
First one of second set she has red eyes, though, and the second one on the second set seems a little OOF on my screen. But mate, you bring out gorgeous portraits and stunning lighting.

Well done again.
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice series Chirs in the first group first and last are my favorites. Second set I think #4 is the album cover !
Thanks Dave!

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
A really strong series! I could easily see this as part of the album artwork. A lovely subject that looked like she was having such fun... and, great location!
Thanks Hamid and we all had a blast today.

QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
i've got scared cuz till now, it seems to me that the k20d looses a bit for the d300 in the skin tones departament, so i still undecided about that.

vic jr.
Bah, the K20D reproduces the skin tones spot on IMO when processed for proper color.

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Excellent job Chris. I'm sure she will be very pleased.
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
You've done it again, Chris.
I'm never disappointed each time I check your posted photos - great work here too.
Last one's a great cover shot - my fav.
First one of second set she has red eyes, though, and the second one on the second set seems a little OOF on my screen. But mate, you bring out gorgeous portraits and stunning lighting.

Well done again.
Thanks Ash.

I zoomed in 100% on the red eye one and don't see it... may be the monitor I'm using or you're using. The second one is OOF and I loved how it worked out. She didn't have a lot of sleep the night before and her eyes kept watering in the wind so she'd move right before I hit the shutter a lot, but I got used to her after a little bit.
03-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One unedited photo to show of the color accuracy and the amazing detail the K20D and DA* 16-50 can bring.

03-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I checked out a 16-50 to see if it would work better with my K20 than it did with my K10 (BF issues with 3 samples). It worked perfectly. To bad I spent all my money on the K20.

I agree that the skin tones on the K20 are amazing. I don't know where anyone would suspect otherwise. I haven't read any complaints on it. I certainly have no complaints of my own in that department.
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I checked out a 16-50 to see if it would work better with my K20 than it did with my K10 (BF issues with 3 samples). It worked perfectly. To bad I spent all my money on the K20.

I agree that the skin tones on the K20 are amazing. I don't know where anyone would suspect otherwise. I haven't read any complaints on it. I certainly have no complaints of my own in that department.
Yeah I'm with you on the skin tone thing... DPREview would have blown up about it if it was a problem and RH would have said something. If anything the K20D has by far the best skin tones I've ever seen besides a Hassie MF digital.
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Great series of images Chris. As ever great compositions. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling too well. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Paul
03-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Great series of images Chris. As ever great compositions. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling too well. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Paul
Thank you Paul and yes I'm feeling better. Took a lot of everything in the medicine cabinet for belly's and now I'm feeling refreshed. Time to go to the nursing expo and shoot some pics.