Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Luck or Good Management?
Lens: DA 35mm, DA 50mm Camera: K10D, K-7 Photo Location: Downtown Denver ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: rbefly, 09-20-2013, 02:25 AM

In the past week, on two occasions I happened to be downtown while there was an outdoor model shoot going on. Both times, it was a student/instructor shoot, with young (student) models, one from the Colorado Institute Of Art, the other Metro Community College.
Well, what would you do? Of course I had my camera, a couple of primes (DA 35mmAL and DA 50mm f/1.8), once the K10D, then the K-7.
In the first set, they had video and still photography, music for the video and several student shooters, as well as about a dozen young models. The second was one-one-one. One that occasion, I was the organizer for a 'Street' photography meetup with my camera club and, ran into the model shoot and we all got similar shots of their photo session.
Both the student photographer and model were very friendly and open about having a group of other aspiring photographers shoot them at work, no problem at all. We even got a nice laugh (see photo # 5) out of the model when one of our female club members asked her about wearing and walking in those high heels!
I happened to be behind her and got a 3/4 head shot with the 50mm.
Hope you enjoy these, it was fun!
Ron

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 682
09-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A bit of both I suspect fun series.
09-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks, Dave, I enjoyed both sessions and got to shoot models (or at least, volunteers!) for free.
Ron.
09-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
One More....

This has been quite a week for model shoots, I found another one. This was more professional, the helper used an umbrella/diffuser to even out the bright midday sun. Also note how many people in the background are watching the shoot; We're not exactly invisible!
Ron

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo