Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Foaming sea
Posted By: Fries, 09-21-2013, 03:45 PM

Shutter speed for the first one was was 20 seconds and the second one is a HDR. A single spot of foam can ruin a photo with a long shutter speed. But when there is so much the effect is quite pleasing for my eye at least.

Cheers,

Remco

Views: 1,618
09-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you! And believe me there was no large format camera used and when you see the photo's on a big screen I reckon you and other people can see the difference too.

09-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Remco

I liked the image enough to see how it would print on metallic paper. To my disappointment it did not come out as well as I expected. I have been involved very much in fine art printing and because of this I know that different media require different tweaks to get best results. I have made some small adjustments as you can see below and now it prints well.

This is not a criticism of your image. Just try to make you aware and be helpful to spare you disappointment should you ever decide to go to print with it.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-01-2014 at 04:17 PM.
09-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

love them Remco, curious if you used a filter. #1 is just awesome, enjoyed the view from the desert where there is no water.
10-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like them both a perfect spot for long shutter speeds. Excellent.

10-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi Remco

I liked the image enough to see how it would print on metallic paper. To my disappointment it did not come out as well as I expected. I have been involved very much in fine art printing and because of this I know that different media require different tweaks to get best results. I have made some small adjustments as you can see below and now it prints well.

This is not a criticism of your image. Just try to make you aware and be helpful to spare you disappointment should you ever decide to go to print with it.

Greetings
No problem at all and if I print a photo I do like Fuji Pearl that has that metallic look to it. Looks like you uses something like the clarity slider in Lightroom (I work with Aperture) and you inspired me to do some extra processing work to make the photo look a bit more like your example. So thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
love them Remco, curious if you used a filter. #1 is just awesome, enjoyed the view from the desert where there is no water.
Thanks Bob! I'm glad to be of service to you as a 'desert dweller'. I used the 10 stop ND filter from B+W in the first photo.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I like them both a perfect spot for long shutter speeds. Excellent.
Thank you Dave! Without any beautiful mountain areas in my flat country it sometimes pay's off to reach in my bag of tricks to achieve some drama in my photography.
10-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
#1 is SPECTACULAR! TFS.
10-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Stefan, I am glad you like the first one. Thanks!