Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
There's a photographer in our house...
Posted By: rfortson, 01-17-2007, 10:24 AM

...and it's not me.

She: "You and Elizabeth go ride the carousel and I'll take your pictures. Gimme the camera."
Me: "Okay."
She: "I just put it on the green bar, right?"
Me (feeling adventurous): "Nah, just go ahead and put it on 'P'."
She: "Okay."

Taken with the K100D and Pentax SMC-DA50-200mm zoom. I really like the framing and colors. (Okay, I did do the post processing, but not much.)

BTW, she also took (probably-we were passing the camera back and forth) one of the best portraits of our daughter last Halloween. I think she has the eye, but she could care less about playing with cameras.
Views: 2,722
01-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Inactive Account

That is a wonderful picture, the mood was capture just right.
01-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cute; warm and fuzzy-like. Popping colors!

Adorable child; I think you gotta leave that old guy in the background-don't give in to those who suggest cloning him out.

But about that part of her not caring about cameras: you are sooo gullible....

Just try buying that new lens, "it's 400 what?" Do you know how many pairs of shoes that is? Or handbags?

At speaking of cameras, I (double) dare you to suggest a 'photo vacation'; man, is that gonna cost'ya buddy.
01-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jfdavis58 Quote
Cute; warm and fuzzy-like. Popping colors!

Adorable child; I think you gotta leave that old guy in the background-don't give in to those who suggest cloning him out.

But about that part of her not caring about cameras: you are sooo gullible....

Just try buying that new lens, "it's 400 what?" Do you know how many pairs of shoes that is? Or handbags?

At speaking of cameras, I (double) dare you to suggest a 'photo vacation'; man, is that gonna cost'ya buddy.

Only $400.00 for a lens, I was looking at some last week worth more than $4000.00 I won't be buying them this year

01-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great picture and oh this conversation sounds so familar. What do you mean you need a new camera? The one you have works right? Okay, sell the one you have and use the money to buy the new one, What do you mean you need a back up body, wait a bit we will see if we can afford it after Christmas ....

Rewind about two months ago. Her to me. We need a new couch for the living room it only cost about $2000. Me "oh". She told me on Thursday it was here on Monday. No we did not sell the old couch....ahahhhhahhhhhh

I joke I love her and know eventually I will have the K10 and maybe a new lens or two.
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jfdavis58 Quote
I (double) dare you to suggest a 'photo vacation'; man, is that gonna cost'ya buddy.
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Great picture and oh this conversation sounds so familar. What do you mean you need a new camera? The one you have works right?
[snip]
We need a new couch for the living room it only cost about $2000.
Evidently I am (1) not a "normal" female and (2) very lucky in my choice of husband.

Exhibit A:
He sees me fondling a DL, says "Will it help keep you sane? I'll buy it for you."

Exhibit B:
When I got the K100D and kit lens, he said "Why didn't you get the two lens kit?" "Because I have a 70-210 zoom I never use already. I don't need a 50-200 zoom I won't use as well." "But I'd get that lens." "I'm not you, I have at 70-210 etc. etc." Repeated five times until he got the point.

Exhibit C:
When I announced I got a fisheye lens he said "How much? $1000?" "You must be joking, I'm cheap, it was $150." (Zeni) "Why didn't you get a more expensive one?"

Of course, he's eager for me to spend my meager student wages on gear so that he can justify corresponding outlays on fancy stereo equipment. So you guys just have to make sure your wives have a gear-intensive hobby (hey, even knitting would do, yarn's bl**dy expensive!) so that you can say "You spent $xxxx on widgets last week, this week it's my turn"!

Hm, I think he's waaay ahead of me on stereo stuff and CDs. Maybe I need a new lens...

Julie