Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Lunch Time
Posted By: 2many, 03-27-2008, 06:40 PM

Red Shouldered Hawk, having a snack, check out the tail on the pole.


Views: 1,542
03-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
the rendering in this photo is very very nice, it's like the feathers are popping out! which lens did you use?
03-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: High Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 571
Wonderful capture.
03-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Hey that is a good capture you have here. Did you get to see the action leading up to this hawk on a pole with it's meal?

03-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 91
Original Poster
I actually used the Tamron 70-300mm DI with a 1.4X TC on the K10D, and no I missed the kill, I just happened to notice him as I was driving by, and grabbed the first camera I could.
03-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
QuoteOriginally posted by 2many Quote
I actually used the Tamron 70-300mm DI with a 1.4X TC on the K10D, and no I missed the kill, I just happened to notice him as I was driving by, and grabbed the first camera I could.
Tee hee. I LOVE when folks post a great image taken with the Tamron 70-300. And it works well with a tc too. I swear that lens is my work-horse. I have a ton of money invested in lenses. That Tamron 70/300 is my least expensive lens and gets the most use!
03-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
deludel's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Durham, CT
Posts: 196
Nice angle and detail
03-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member
spyglass's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 753
Good eye spotting this photo opportunity, nice capture. I have never had much success with teleconverters. I am impressed that the 1.4x TC did so well. It must be a good match to your Tamron lens. Could I ask what brand the TC is?

03-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Tee hee. I LOVE when folks post a great image taken with the Tamron 70-300. And it works well with a tc too. I swear that lens is my work-horse. I have a ton of money invested in lenses. That Tamron 70/300 is my least expensive lens and gets the most use!
oh no! now u've peaked my interest in this lens ... but i'll be interesting to see how the Pentax 55-300 stacks up against it
03-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 91
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
Good eye spotting this photo opportunity, nice capture. I have never had much success with teleconverters. I am impressed that the 1.4x TC did so well. It must be a good match to your Tamron lens. Could I ask what brand the TC is?
It is a Tamron 1.4X TC, they are getting harder and harder to find.
03-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 91
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
oh no! now u've peaked my interest in this lens ... but i'll be interesting to see how the Pentax 55-300 stacks up against it
Well the Pentax 55-300 had better be a whole lot better for the difference in price.
03-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,694
That is a wonderfull shot, thanks for posting it.
03-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
Forum Member




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: left coast
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 73
Nice..........

Right place, right time, right equipment
03-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Eaglerapids's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Idaho,USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,589
Excellent shot, it tells quite a story.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lunch time photo netuser Post Your Photos! 4 11-19-2008 02:59 PM
Lunch Time walk with Pentax A28mm f2.8 Timbuctoo Post Your Photos! 11 05-29-2008 04:14 AM
Monday's lunch-time wander Andrew Faires Post Your Photos! 7 05-14-2008 08:18 AM
some more lunch time street photos craftsmansky Post Your Photos! 1 01-16-2008 07:21 PM
Lunch time is work time Ole Post Your Photos! 4 09-19-2007 08:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:27 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top