Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Walk to Perley's Chute Pt.1- landscape and foliage
Camera: K-01 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada 
Posted By: normhead, 09-30-2013, 08:48 AM

From yesterdays walk a 14 km round trip walk into Perly's Chute, one of our favourite fall destinations (and place of the demise of 3 kayakers over the years).

The area...

The foliage...

And one Sigma DP2M image, I don't get a lot of useful images with this camera yet, but when you nail one, the detail is incredible.

Views: 975
09-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series Norm - the waters you should look pretty shallow , I assume spring / summer the water is higher. Were the 'accidents' of the kayaks a result of the rocks ? Beautiful detail on that last one. Lots of fall colors nice series.
09-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice series Norm - the waters you should look pretty shallow , I assume spring / summer the water is higher. Were the 'accidents' of the kayaks a result of the rocks ? Beautiful detail on that last one. Lots of fall colors nice series.

The yakers and playboaters go down in the spring when the water levels are pretty much over the top of every bare rock. This water is high for this time of year, but a trickle compared to what goes down in the spring.

Thanks for commenting.
09-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Boy, do I like these, Norm. Since moving to Texas, we don't see the color of fall - that first shot is a sight for sore eyes. I'll be in Massachusetts to see my daughter and son-in-law in about three weeks - I hope I see this sort of stuff in the flesh.

Jer

09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Boy, do I like these, Norm. Since moving to Texas, we don't see the color of fall - that first shot is a sight for sore eyes. I'll be in Massachusetts to see my daughter and son-in-law in about three weeks - I hope I see this sort of stuff in the flesh.

Jer
Good luck in three weeks Sailor, we're 1,500 feet elevation and further north so we get the colours first, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. A little shorter winter wouldn't bother me at all.
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

great series Norm, like the foliage shots in particular,
cheers
09-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
great series Norm, like the foliage shots in particular,
cheers
Thanks Cee Cee, I really have to start printing some of those.